Kamiya states he'd like for Platinum to become a Nintendo second-party.

#121BeanBeanKingdom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 11:27:39 PM
Sagadego posted...
well Kamiya was sneaking around Nintendo America Hq today

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211099

Hideki Kamiya PG_kamiya 3h
:)
http://twitpic.com/day6nj

Nice, I wonder if he's up to something. :D
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#122JahkeemyorkPosted 8/30/2013 1:11:39 AM(edited)
People here seem to think Kamiya = Platinum games in which case they are way wrong. The REAL heads at Platinum Games won't find it a viable business strategy at all working on one console especially the Wii U. It'd be like if he said he'd like PG to make VITA only games. It'd be cool but it won't happen because the head honcho's at PG won't find a market in it, again.

. Plus Platinum Game's President, Minami (You know the actual head honcho) confirmed that they'll be working on a PS4 game in the future.

:Interestingly, Minami did say that “right now, we’re working with both third-party publishers and first-party publishers” and that “we’re on Sony’s list because if we’re going to work with third-party publishers, we’re obviously going to be making multiplatform games and that means that we will be making PS4 games.” He then finished up this thought by adding that “we’re always talking about multiplatform development with [third party publishers]. So you’ll see us on the PS4 eventually.”

Ignoring the amount of mentioning about the PS4 there, Minami has strong intention on keeping Platinum Games a 3rd Party Developer, with some 1st party exclusives.
#123ElectricMolePosted 8/30/2013 1:45:56 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...

:Interestingly, Minami did say that “right now, we’re working with both third-party publishers and first-party publishers” and that “we’re on Sony’s list because if we’re going to work with third-party publishers, we’re obviously going to be making multiplatform games and that means that we will be making PS4 games.” He then finished up this thought by adding that “we’re always talking about multiplatform development with [third party publishers]. So you’ll see us on the PS4 eventually.”

One way to run things is to let Kamiya only makes games for Nintendo. The rest of Platinum makes games for Xbox and playstation, collaborations are with Kojima still possible.

They'll make money on all 3 consoles that way.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#124BeanBeanKingdom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 2:41:20 AM
ElectricMole posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...

One way to run things is to let Kamiya only makes games for Nintendo. The rest of Platinum makes games for Xbox and playstation, collaborations are with Kojima still possible.

They'll make money on all 3 consoles that way.

This sounds great (as long as Platinum keeps getting published by third-parties). I can has Kamiya Star Fox?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#125G1ingyPosted 8/30/2013 9:00:47 PM
It'd be interesting to have Kamiya work alongside Aonouma to work on a Zelda game together. DMC always had combat pinned down, but it's stages and music often aren't all that memorable, which is where Zelda excelled in, especially music.
#126Retroxgamer0Posted 8/30/2013 9:14:53 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Ranmaru-2 posted...
What exactly is second party? Does it mean they'll work exclusively for nintendo, but nintendo won't actually own them?

Yeah, like Rare so long ago. Basically a third-party that only does exclusives.

so a first party without paying to buy them? that sounds like an awesome deal. thats like being just friends with benefits with a hot girl, whos bad at relationships.
#127LunarRoarPosted 8/30/2013 10:00:14 PM
If this means that somewhere down the line they'd make either Star Fox or Metroid I'd more than welcome it.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#128DarthFloatyPosted 8/30/2013 10:48:40 PM
After playing the W101 demo, I'm game for more games from them. I bet he'd make a great Star Fox.

If Nintendo picks up them and Atlus (and maybe Next Level Games), they'd have a pretty robust offering of exclusive titles in a range of genres to add to their own legendary games.
#129Janobii_IvyPosted 8/30/2013 11:14:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6g9dTMf.png

It was a translation error.
---
Amber stole my sig before it existed.
#130Nerreltron9000Posted 8/30/2013 11:19:26 PM
KneeSIappington posted...
That would be a horrible idea. They'd be extremely limited in how much sales potential their games would have.

It's Hideki Kamiya. The sales potential of any game he touches has extremely limited potential. It's like his games are cursed to become cult hits.

I think he'd probably welcome the stability of being a second party at this point. His games may not have as big a market, but at least he'd guarantee his studio a stable spot with all the funding and support they'd ever need.