The rise and fall of nintendo

#21teehee23Posted 8/31/2013 7:51:57 AM
dancing_cactuar posted...
teehee23 posted...
zalmute posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Nintendo rose up, and then fell in their pile of money that continues to accumulate.

Nothing says failure like being the only console that actually makes money .

Wii U has sold at a loss since launch and the price drop will put Nintendo in the red an additional $50.00 per unit sold.

Nintendo confirms new system will be sold below manufacturing costs at launch out of desire to sell console at a "reasonable" price.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/wii-u-to-be-sold-at-loss-6398857

Teehee? What are YOU doing outside of your native Xbox One board?
Run along now, everyone else misses you and your posts.

Recently bought a Wii U with Mario and ZombiU for my cousins.
They keep having trouble keeping the tablet synced so I need to check it out for them.
---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#22kjhoveyPosted 8/31/2013 7:52:16 AM
ITT 3DS doesn't exist.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#23ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 8/31/2013 7:54:42 AM
User Name Stillmatic80
User ID 6816060
Board User Level 10: Provisional (1)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
Account Created Friday, August 30, 2013 6:21 PM
Last Visit Friday, August 30, 2013 6:42 PM
Karma 0
Active Messages Posted 1

Surely this person has well intentions and plans on making thought provoking posts in the future! Especially when this is the first and only thing he's done so far!

You really need to get over your unfounded elitism and perhaps realize that absolutely everything the OP said was true. Really, if being level 31 means anything to you - and it shouldn't - you should actually criticize posts with intelligent thoughts worthy of your rank.

Honestly, the Wii U is the only main Nintendo system that I have not owned. It's really a disgrace that half-assedly attempts to attract multiple demographics without actually appealing to them.
#24teehee23Posted 8/31/2013 8:03:39 AM
kjhovey posted...
ITT 3DS doesn't exist.

Don't forget the 2DS which is going to sell like hot-cakes with real butter and extra syrup.
I just bought a replacement 3DS (8th one!) for one of my cousins because he dropped it and now the sound doesn't work. Can't let the kid play Mario Luigi Dream Team without sound.

On Topic= I believe the Wii U is in a bad position and needs Mario Kart as soon as possible but 3DS and 2DS 'print money', as they say.
---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#25dancing_cactuarPosted 8/31/2013 8:08:17 AM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
User Name Stillmatic80
User ID 6816060
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
Karma 0
Active Messages Posted 1

Surely this person has well intentions and plans on making thought provoking posts in the future! Especially when this is the first and only thing he's done so far!

You really need to get over your unfounded elitism and perhaps realize that absolutely everything the OP said was true. Really, if being level 31 means anything to you - and it shouldn't - you should actually criticize posts with intelligent thoughts worthy of your rank.

Honestly, the Wii U is the only main Nintendo system that I have not owned. It's really a disgrace that half-assedly attempts to attract multiple demographics without actually appealing to them.

I normally wouldn't point his ranking... but this is literally the only thing he's contributed to the website as a whole.

I understand that everyone's a new guy at some point, but when you only make a single topic that is considered bait, and then the only other post you make is a day later to bump that same topic, and then vanish again, there's a clear intention of the user to rile people up.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
#26Stillmatic80(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 8:17:29 AM
No. Nothing with "Wii" in the name should have been released. That was their problem. Not distancing themselves from the Wii which had lost 100% of its appeal by 2010. They should have made the Nintendo Ultra or something else as a call back to their previous glory. They falsely believed that their sales with the Wii made it a glorious thing. In reality those sales meant nothing because the casuals do not have loyalty to a system or brand. They got it because of the motion control fad.

Could not of said it better myself
#27Stillmatic80(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 8:22:41 AM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
User Name Stillmatic80
User ID 6816060
Karma 0
Active Messages Posted 1

Thank you for defending me, just because I made an intelligent post he got mad.
#28cavebear56Posted 8/31/2013 8:25:13 AM
Transdude posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Nintendo rose up, and then fell in their pile of money that continues to accumulate.

Pretty much this.

This.

They be Scrooge McDuckin'. Now I'm hungry for some duck =/.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#29kjhoveyPosted 8/31/2013 8:26:48 AM
Stillmatic80 posted...
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
User Name Stillmatic80
User ID 6816060
Karma 0
Active Messages Posted 1

Thank you for defending me, just because I made an intelligent post he got mad.

I guess the 3DS still doesn't exist?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#30jrb363Posted 8/31/2013 8:31:37 AM
distr0ia posted...
Oh.

TC has a case of TL;DR
---
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS