Why is Nintendo lying about WW HD being an actual remake? It clearly isn't.

#51ukokira1Posted 8/31/2013 1:00:18 AM(edited)
Can you prove it's not a remake?
This is official developer word after all.

Your eyes are not evidence.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#52nonexistingheroPosted 8/31/2013 1:10:11 AM
WW is a much better game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#53MassimilienoPosted 8/31/2013 1:26:06 AM
ITT: Fanboys dragging the word "remake" through the mud because they desperately do not want to admit that one of their hyped games is an enhanced port of an old game. And just one at that. Not even a real collection.

Like was said earlier, a remake is remaking the game completely from scratch without relying on the majority of the original's source material.

Since this clearly wasn't done with Wind Waker, it is not a remake. Stop abusing words you don't understand. Utterly pathetic.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#54P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/31/2013 1:30:31 AM
How many of you actually played it? Who here has seen it in person and isn't just talking out their ass?

That's what I thought.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#55SolisPosted 8/31/2013 2:41:33 AM
ukokira1 posted...

Because the translated words of a developer can change the fabric of reality which is clear to anyone that can see.

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
How many of you actually played it? Who here has seen it in person and isn't just talking out their ass?

That's what I thought.

How does playing a game determine if it's a remake? And what exactly is "seeing in person"? Screenshots and videos can't be experienced firsthand? What, do the models and textures somehow magically change when you're playing the game as opposed to when it's recorded?

Conversely, what justification do those calling it a remake have? In fact, it's much easier to prove something ISN'T a remake, and since that's already been done by pointing out that the assets are being reused, the answer is obvious. The only thing that might be questionable is if you use the term remake to describe upgraded ports of games, but that just opens up a whole host of problems with it.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#56kingjam1Posted 8/31/2013 2:46:35 AM
WW HD barely has any significant new content. Kirby Super Star Ultra and Pokemon Heart Gold are good remakes with worthwhile new content, WW HD doesn't.
---
Can't think of anything
#57Metal_MercenaryPosted 8/31/2013 2:48:43 AM
Dannyson97 posted...
JangoWuzHere posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
JangoWuzHere posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...

Yeah because Resident Evil on Gamecube was called Resident Evil Remake.

And TC, its a remake. Mostly if not everything is changed or updated or added.

Have you looked at any of the gameplay videos? It's vintage Wind Waker + HDR lighting. That's it. I don't care what they claim otherwise. I'm not blind. You can look at REmake and compare it to the original RE and immediately tell that it rightfully deserves the title of remake. WW HD is just an HD version of the same old game, period.

Just because its stylized doesn't mean its not redone.

If it's actually redone, then they wasted untold thousands of hours of development manpower to take old assets and redesign them to look completely the same. That would be pretty dumb, wouldn't it?

TC they did do some new additions to the game, updating the Tingle tuner to take shots of the game to share on the Mii verse, making the overworld ocean easier to travel which was very tedious, making you able to move around in first person view, more important items have specific buttons allowing you to use more items at once. I think it qualifies as a remake, if not whats your definition TC?

lmao joke content. Those are patch notes, and very small ones. Nintendo are porting a decade old game with better lighting and you're lapping it up. WWHD should have new dungeons, minigames and explorable islands to even come close to justifying selling it at $30, much less $60.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#58P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/31/2013 2:56:43 AM
Solis posted...
ukokira1 posted...

Because the translated words of a developer can change the fabric of reality which is clear to anyone that can see.

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

That's what I thought.

How does playing a game determine if it's a remake? And what exactly is "seeing in person"? Screenshots and videos can't be experienced firsthand? What, do the models and textures somehow magically change when you're playing the game as opposed to when it's recorded?

Conversely, what justification do those calling it a remake have? In fact, it's much easier to prove something ISN'T a remake, and since that's already been done by pointing out that the assets are being reused, the answer is obvious. The only thing that might be questionable is if you use the term remake to describe upgraded ports of games, but that just opens up a whole host of problems with it.

So you haven't seen it in person. I rest my case.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#59Metal_MercenaryPosted 8/31/2013 3:09:05 AM(edited)
I will make this very simple for the fanboys desperate to call WWHD a 'remake' because they don't want to admit their most anticipated game for the past six months really is a decade old port:

Remake = Remaking the game from scratch. Examples: Metroid: Zero Mission, Resident Evil for the GameCube, Final Fantasy III for the DS, Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver. These games look nothing like their original releases, in many cases add a significant amount of new content and the gameplay is updated considerably to more modern standards.

This DOES NOT include Wind Waker HD. Despite the prettier look (which really is just a lighting update), the game is exactly the same. There are no new dungeons, items or areas to explore. A rehash of the GBA cable feature which nobody used, the difficulty mode from Skyward Sword and the updating of the TriForce hunt (which is ironically removing content) doesn't justify selling it for more than $30, much less calling it a remake.

It doesn't matter how many times you think Aonuma and other developers call it a remake (which I, like several users, think this was a translation error and was supposed to read 'remaster' which is a VERY different concept). If Nintendo were to start selling chickens, but called them giraffes, would you defend Nintendo to the death and insist they're giraffes in the same manner you're doing now?
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#60Dark_Link92Posted 8/31/2013 3:46:40 AM(edited)
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Seriously, Nintendo are some of the worst liars.

Seriously. Peach isn't playable in NSMB because "They struggled to animate her dress"
They've probably come up with more complete crap like that, but i cant think of anything off the top of my head.

Also, on topic: Not a remake. A jazzed up port.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!