Wii U powerful enough to handle PS4/Xbox One Multiplats or will it be like the

#11cavebear56Posted 8/30/2013 11:15:23 PM
The13Doctors posted...
More like Xbox to Gamecube.

Law of diminishing returns.

---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#12DiscostewSMPosted 8/31/2013 12:17:19 AM
The problem with ports from PS3 and 360 is that those emphasize high individual-core CPU power vs GPU power, whereas this generation with Wii U, PS4, and XB1 emphasize high GPU power vs CPU power. That's why a number of games (not all) from PS3/360 either run worse on next-gen (as shown with the Wii U), or aren't coming to them whatsoever.

With regard to ports from PS4/XB1 to Wii U, I can see it happening with the obvious need to downscale them. Not nearly as much as people make it out to be, as they'll still look appealing. It'll just have less detail.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#13nonexistingheroPosted 8/31/2013 1:05:02 AM
It's powerful enough, sure. But from my experience, most 3rd party devs always come up with excuses for a Nintendo console version.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14TalentedMPosted 8/31/2013 1:18:27 AM(edited)
YamiYugi4400 posted...

I don't really count those being they're hitting everything. I meant more along the lines of Next Gen only titles, Like The Division, The Crew, FF15, KH3, etc.

I am not holding my breath. But I am not entirely sure if I can count it out either myself.

A lot of the stuff they said as to WHY boiled down to "Not enough consoles in the homes". DX11 was a myth, engines not running was debunked and dropping support because of power did a 180.

It doesn't have all the power of the other guys, but I personally wouldn't count out a lot of other 3rd parties not bringing their games to it. Ubi seems to be pretty invested, at least for now anyways and I expect once they get steam rolling you might see some games shift their way onto the console.

I guess we really have to see how 3rd parties feel about it. I am not counting it out, but I am also not an idiot and have a Gaming PC and plan on getting a PS4 once it gets a bunch of games I want on it, I am guessing around July next year.

Only an idiot has 1 system, if you plan on going any gen with just 1 and missing out on far too much, more power to you I guess. But to me that seems silly. Gaming is an expensive hobby, expect to spend a lot of money on consoles if you want to play a bunch of games and not miss out on anything.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#15demonlord6696Posted 8/31/2013 1:31:05 AM
Transdude posted...
This generation, the Wii U will have a gap similar to what the PS2 had.

*face palm*
#16P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/31/2013 1:35:27 AM
Transdude posted...
This generation, the Wii U will have a gap similar to what the PS2 had. Weakest of them all, but able to kick almost the same amount of a**.

Now, could someone make a sticky about this so that we can move on?

ARGH!! Logic! It burns us!!
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#17kdognumba1Posted 8/31/2013 1:57:18 AM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
It's powerful enough, sure. But from my experience, most 3rd party devs always come up with excuses for a Nintendo console version.

THIS^^^

EA did this with 3DS not too long ago when they dismissed it by saying "nobody wants to play games in 3D" which soon after 3DS became the #1 selling system world wide on a weekly basis.... Not sure what the 3rd parties (especially western ones) beef is with Nintendo but, I'll put it like this. If you don't want to develop games for a system that's struggling fine but don't try and come up with a lie to fans and gamers when a system is doing well by saying that your supporting the company when your not. Same goes for companies that speak about sales and power then start bring their games to a weaker system with equally bad sales. I'm looking you 2K and Gearbox and your Borderlands 2 port on Vita but lack of presence on Wii U and 3DS.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#18Jacob46719Posted 8/31/2013 11:00:58 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
The wiiu is very weak compared to the PS4 and XB1. Its not even on par with the PS3 and 360. It will miss out on many quality 3rd party games.

troll bait
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#19FAST_USER_NAMEPosted 8/31/2013 11:55:48 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...

THIS^^^

EA did this with 3DS not too long ago when they dismissed it by saying "nobody wants to play games in 3D" which soon after 3DS became the #1 selling system world wide on a weekly basis.... Not sure what the 3rd parties (especially western ones) beef is with Nintendo but, I'll put it like this. If you don't want to develop games for a system that's struggling fine but don't try and come up with a lie to fans and gamers when a system is doing well by saying that your supporting the company when your not. Same goes for companies that speak about sales and power then start bring their games to a weaker system with equally bad sales. I'm looking you 2K and Gearbox and your Borderlands 2 port on Vita but lack of presence on Wii U and 3DS.

Sony is paying for borderlands 2 to be on vita
#20The13DoctorsPosted 8/31/2013 11:57:48 AM
mfw Wii U is actually more powerful and 2014 will be teh lulz because PS4 and XBO are already maxed out, even before launch.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D