Convince me to buy Wind Waker HD

#1VidgmchtrPosted 8/30/2013 10:26:56 PM
I got Wind Waker for my Gamecube back in the day. I still have it.

It's not my favorite, but it was definitely a great game.

I've heard of some of the differences between the Gamecube and Wii U versions, but I'm still not sold.

Why should I get this game again?
#2The13DoctorsPosted 8/30/2013 10:29:00 PM
Because you want it.

You don't want it?

Don't.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#31shadetail1Posted 8/30/2013 10:29:41 PM
I don't know, you tell me why you should get it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4BloodychessPosted 8/30/2013 10:32:53 PM
You'd have to be incredibly evil not to buy it
---
Not changing this sig until EA issues an apology for Madden 13
#5Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 8/30/2013 10:34:18 PM
It's 400$, why would you NOT get it at a deal that low
#6JobocanPosted 8/30/2013 10:37:55 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...
Why should I get this game again?

You have the gamecube version. You probably shouldn't.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#7KonyunaPosted 8/30/2013 10:38:16 PM
What is this, 4chan?
#8Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 8/30/2013 10:40:04 PM
Konyuna posted...
What is this, 4chan?

Read the URL champ, let's figure this out step-by-step
#9TalentedMPosted 8/30/2013 10:40:47 PM(edited)
The new upcoming Zelda title "Wind Waker HD" is a complete remastering of the original title. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay elements have been changed or added upon. There is a new Heroic Mode which will make the game slightly more difficult adding a bit more to those more "hardcore" Zelda fans begging for a bit more of a challenge.

On top of that you have the streamlined Trifoce quest and Swift Sail. This will enable you to get through some of those more "boring" (though I never thought so) elements of the game that some players just didn't enjoy and allows for more time devoted to the game itself without the lulls in the middle.

The graphical comparison is remarkable, there are those out there that would say a picture is worth a thousand words, and as my words here are limited, I might be one to agree with them.

http://gengame.net/2013/08/new-the-wind-waker-hd-screenshots-dial-back-the-bloom-reduce-hud-presence/

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WVAcYd_Tv4s/UQGukdK-fJI/AAAAAAAAW24/S9qc38uUWMs/s640/Wind_Waker_HD_GameCube_Comparison_Screenshot_02_Wii_U.jpg

This is a pretty good representation of what they changed and even changed futher (as a lot of people noticed far too much Bloom :D).

If that doesn't sway you, they are also offering up a limited time preorder bonus of the Gannon statue at Game Stop.

http://a51274b2bfd36c9eba6f-b2cc59e0ef85511aa5ed3ad88986348d.r9.cf1.rackcdn.com/11882/cmm_wiiu_thelegendofzelda_thewindwakerhd_ganondorf_mediaplayer_large__large.png

They also put in a few more things like a first person mode, the tingle bottle used with Miiverse and of course all the features more likely associated with the gamepad.

But if you already find no use to the game, then maybe it just isn't your cup of tea. For me personally I haven't played the game in 8 years and had an incident in my home life where I lost a lot of my older consoles in a move.... So this is a blessing to someone more in my line than someone could could play the original. But with all the additions I can't see many passing this up, especially if you enjoyed the first one at all in the slightest (now with the corrections most didn't enjoy with the first as well).

Anyways, that is just my opinion and my reply. You will probobly get a lot of people telling you not to get it if you don't want it, or to make up your own mind, but these are the reasons I am getting it.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#10DarthFloatyPosted 8/30/2013 10:44:20 PM
TalentedM posted...
The new upcoming Zelda title "Wind Waker HD" is a complete remastering of the original title. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay elements have been changed or added upon. There is a new Heroic Mode which will make the game slightly more difficult adding a bit more to those more "hardcore" Zelda fans begging for a bit more of a challenge.

On top of that you have the streamlined Trifoce quest and Swift Sail. This will enable you to get through some of those more "boring" (though I never thought so) elements of the game that some players just didn't enjoy and allows for more time devoted to the game itself without the lulls in the middle.

The graphical comparison is remarkable, there are those out there that would say a picture is worth a thousand words, and as my words here are limited, I might be one to agree with them.

http://gengame.net/2013/08/new-the-wind-waker-hd-screenshots-dial-back-the-bloom-reduce-hud-presence/

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WVAcYd_Tv4s/UQGukdK-fJI/AAAAAAAAW24/S9qc38uUWMs/s640/Wind_Waker_HD_GameCube_Comparison_Screenshot_02_Wii_U.jpg

This is a pretty good representation of what they changed and even changed futher (as a lot of people noticed far too much Bloom :D).

If that doesn't sway you, they are also offering up a limited time preorder bonus of the Gannon statue at Game Stop.

http://a51274b2bfd36c9eba6f-b2cc59e0ef85511aa5ed3ad88986348d.r9.cf1.rackcdn.com/11882/cmm_wiiu_thelegendofzelda_thewindwakerhd_ganondorf_mediaplayer_large__large.png

They also put in a few more things like a first person mode, the tingle bottle used with Miiverse and of course all the features more likely associated with the gamepad.

But if you already find no use to the game, then maybe it just isn't your cup of tea. For me personally I haven't played the game in 8 years and had an incident in my home life where I lost a lot of my older consoles in a move.... So this is a blessing to someone more in my line than someone could could play the original. But with all the additions I can't see many passing this up, especially if you enjoyed the first one at all in the slightest (now with the corrections most didn't enjoy with the first as well).

Anyways, that is just my opinion and my reply. You will probobly get a lot of people telling you not to get it if you don't want it, or to make up your own mind, but these are the reasons I am getting it.

What he said.