Finished The Wonderful 101

#1BenzychenzPosted 8/31/2013 4:54:47 AM
Absolutely incredible game.

101/10 game of the forever etc etc

Clocked in at 15:32, and now I get to do it again on hard and try and get all the bottle caps.

Kamiya has an incredible portfolio, and this game is the best of the lot, no exaggeration. Everyone needs to buy this game, seriously.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La Li Lu Le Lo]
#2BeatItUpRightPosted 8/31/2013 5:03:20 AM
Benzychenz posted...

Clocked in at 15:32, and now I get to do it again on hard and try and get all the bottle caps.

Kamiya has an incredible portfolio, and this game is the best of the lot, no exaggeration. Everyone needs to buy this game, seriously.

As an Engineer, usually when thing's go above it's highest value it resets, or goes into a negative value.

So it would be either 1/10 or -1/10.

Everyone who has a Wii U has already bought it, pleased you enjoyed it however.
---
Intel Pentium Pro @155mhz - 2MB 3dfx Voodoo Graphics - 4x 16MB SIMM ram - 32k Modem - Windows 98
#3GigerSupremePosted 8/31/2013 5:03:38 AM
Benzychenz posted...

uninspired game designers like cliff blezinski, phil fish, peter molyneux and such personalities cant match the sheer talent that Kamiya has. their entire repertoire combined are inferior to half of kamiya's efforts.

seriously.

Resident Evil 2
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry

and now Wonderful 101...

and those are only the games he directed, not counting the games he was a system planner.
the guy is gifted.
#4Benzychenz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 6:32:01 AM(edited)
GigerSupreme posted...
uninspired game designers like cliff blezinski, phil fish, peter molyneux and such personalities cant match the sheer talent that Kamiya has. their entire repertoire combined are inferior to half of kamiya's efforts.

I don't understand why people can't seem to praise one thing without putting down something else.
---
#5segagamerPosted 8/31/2013 5:51:15 AM
Waaaa, the game doesn't come out till the 15th in U.S.

Is it really a 10/10 game? Beat'em ups aren't usually rated that highly. I'm still getting it regardless.
#6jwillennPosted 8/31/2013 5:52:29 AM
I strongly believe I will agree with the op, and that's saying a lot considering how nutty I am about Bayonetta. Loved Viewtiful Joe too!
#7Benzychenz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 6:06:21 AM(edited)
segagamer posted...
Is it really a 10/10 game? Beat'em ups aren't usually rated that highly. I'm still getting it regardless.

In my opinion yeah. Everything about this is great. It's pretty much the first game to come out of Platinum to have a decent story, the humour is amazing, I laughed countless times. So many loveable characters and one liners that'll stick with you.
Combat works well (imo) and I had no major issues with the controls, as you mess around with it and buy upgrades everything just seems to fall perfectly into place. Length is pretty much ideal, I was satisfied with it and it did not overstay it's welcome (*cough* Okami *cough*).
Graphics are gorgeous. It has its own style that works well, everything is nice and colourful and it has a real comic book feel to it. Has some really nice music too, I'm gonna have a sit in the music gallery tomorrow and have a good hard listen.

Right now I'd say it's my favourite game ever (previously Kingdom Hearts), but I will hold judgement until the thrill of that ending wares off ;)
---
#8nonexistingheroPosted 8/31/2013 6:14:47 AM
segagamer posted...

The learning curve is pretty high, but outside of that it seems superb. The controls are excellent and very responsive, handling them is something you learn over the course of a single playthrough, but mastering them is something that takes multiple playthroughs and then some.

Unless you count the learning curve and difficulty as a downside, the game really has no downsides. Well, maybe the unite build sometimes being a bit finnicky with registering, but that's not for direct combat use.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/31/2013 6:21:00 AM
segagamer posted...

It's pretty darn good, and not as straightforward as you would think. There is a demo available if you'd like to try it.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#10Zato InfinitePosted 8/31/2013 6:28:45 AM
Benzychenz posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

I don't understand why people can't seem to praise one thing without putting done something else.

Yeah I don't understand it either. Reassurance I guess?

#reassurance
---
Hey guys! Zatanna's on the villains' side!