Finished The Wonderful 101

#11trenkenPosted 8/31/2013 6:30:15 AM(edited)
segagamer posted...
Waaaa, the game doesn't come out till the 15th in U.S.

Is it really a 10/10 game? Beat'em ups aren't usually rated that highly. I'm still getting it regardless.

No. Its one guys opinion who was probably REALLY wanting to like the game before it came out. Check reviews.

The fact that he even knows who directed the game says he's probably somewhat of a fanboy and is biased, so I would subtract a couple points from the final score for bias. 8/10 is what its getting from many reviews, some even a bit lower.

---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#12Benzychenz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 6:33:35 AM(edited)
trenken posted...
The fact that he even knows who directed the game says he's probably somewhat of a fanboy and is biased

wtf lol

You know Christopher Nolan directed The Dark Knight? Must be a fanboy!
What weird logic.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La Li Lu Le Lo]
#13segagamerPosted 8/31/2013 6:42:26 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
segagamer posted...

Is it really a 10/10 game? Beat'em ups aren't usually rated that highly. I'm still getting it regardless.

It's pretty darn good, and not as straightforward as you would think. There is a demo available if you'd like to try it.

I love the demo. I've played it twice before.
#14SpillardPosted 8/31/2013 6:45:57 AM
trenken posted...
segagamer posted...

No. Its one guys opinion who was probably REALLY wanting to like the game before it came out. Check reviews.

The fact that he even knows who directed the game says he's probably somewhat of a fanboy and is biased, so I would subtract a couple points from the final score for bias. 8/10 is what its getting from many reviews, some even a bit lower.

Wow... Being informed makes you a biased fanboy. F*** it, everyone start buying s*** they know nothing about.
---
When I grow up I want to be a professional gamer.
#15SoaringDivePosted 8/31/2013 6:52:57 AM
Spillard posted...
trenken posted...
segagamer posted...

Wow... Being informed makes you a biased fanboy. F*** it, everyone start buying s*** they know nothing about.

It's just trenken wanting to reduce gaming into Facebook-level games for soccer moms.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
#16GigerSupremePosted 8/31/2013 7:44:57 AM
Zato Infinite posted...
Benzychenz posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
uninspired game designers like cliff blezinski, phil fish, peter molyneux and such personalities cant match the sheer talent that Kamiya has. their entire repertoire combined are inferior to half of kamiya's efforts.

I don't understand why people can't seem to praise one thing without putting done something else.

Yeah I don't understand it either. Reassurance I guess?

#reassurance

i have never played a game from cliff blezinski, phil fish, peter molyneux that excited me in the slightest. gaming media has latched on to these hacks and built them up to be some kind of gift to gaming when they never made anything good.

and yet, kamiya is constantly ignored for his genius.
#17ukokira1Posted 8/31/2013 8:28:56 AM
trenken posted...
segagamer posted...

Clearly the fact that you don't know about the director means your opinion is biased against the game.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#18JonbazookabozPosted 8/31/2013 8:31:10 AM
This is the best game ive played- PERIOD. 25 years gaming in all genres and formats. No lie, this game is the business.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#19DTY3Posted 8/31/2013 8:55:35 AM
Crap, i knew Kamiya was making the game and i haven't even touched it!

Guess I'm a fanboy now :(
Sucks to do research...
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#20LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/31/2013 9:42:22 AM
Is the combat as deep and challenging as Ninja Gaiden and DMC? Combos and special moves and such? Or is it just button mashing?
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009