Wii U VS GTAV: Nintendoomed?

#11kukingina2Posted 8/31/2013 6:54:29 AM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
There's a decent amount of people that plays them all...

then those people will buy both like how most people got a PS3 or 360 + a wii as a secondary console.

if anything having GTA 5 available on last gen consoles might hurt the PS4/XB1 sales quite a bit

since people who are fans of GTA already have a a 360 or a PS3 to play it on

its like telling people the PS4/XB1 wont sell because of no pokemon... it won't matter because the target demographic is completely the opposite

---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#12betterboulderPosted 8/31/2013 6:54:25 AM
kukingina2 posted...
Zelda and GTA are completely different games and targets entirely different demographics

if you are not a nintendo fan no amount of zelda, price drops, ganondorf figurines + bells and whistles will convince you to get one

and vice versa

if you like nintendo games you will buy nintendo games no matter how many halos, uncharteds or GTA's are thrown in your face

Hey I love Ninty and I buy Uncharted and GTA :(

But pretty much this. Mr. "I'm only here because I heard about GTA 5 on a TV commercial" was probably never going to be interested in a Ganondorf Figurine bundled with a Wii U at least not for himself
---
More than happy to purchase the Wii U as my Smash Bros. Box
NintendoNetwork/PSN/XBL/Steam: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#13kukingina2Posted 8/31/2013 6:59:12 AM(edited)
betterboulder posted...
kukingina2 posted...
Zelda and GTA are completely different games and targets entirely different demographics

if you are not a nintendo fan no amount of zelda, price drops, ganondorf figurines + bells and whistles will convince you to get one

and vice versa

if you like nintendo games you will buy nintendo games no matter how many halos, uncharteds or GTA's are thrown in your face

Hey I love Ninty and I buy Uncharted and GTA :(

But pretty much this. Mr. "I'm only here because I heard about GTA 5 on a TV commercial" was probably never going to be interested in a Ganondorf Figurine bundled with a Wii U at least not for himself

exactly the real gamers play all games and don't care about brands. you guys can go on pissing contests on who has the bigger who while im at my living room playing smash bros 4 and the division at the same time

only casuals or people with financial problems care about things like these in which case if you have financial problems then you shouldn't be buying expensive things in the 1st place
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#14Kabuto_YPosted 8/31/2013 7:26:18 AM
1. GTA V has a vastly different audience than most people looking at the Wii U. The fans who like both will get both, as most of them aren't in a position to choose one or the other.

2. Pokemon comes out in October. Nintendo has nothing to worry about.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#15threedownPosted 8/31/2013 7:46:19 AM
gtav has definately made me hold off on a few wii u games i was planning on getting.

i would have bought wonderful 101 a couple weeks ago but not so close to gtav, now ill probably get it next year some time.

i am still getting rayman on the wiiu though, i should be able to play thru most of it by the time gtav is released.

most games i can hold off on but gta games are always a day one purchase for me.

the ps4 and xbox one dont interest me to much right now, ill probably hold off on getting one of them for atleast a year to see how each one pans out. there will be plenty of current gen games to keep me occupied and i have a huge backlog of games i still need to get into.

as far as the wii u is concerned, i only need some first party games to keep me happy with that. its been pretty lackluster so far but im sure itll have some gems throughout its lifetime. i doubt its doomed at all, im sure itll pick up some steam once they get a few must have games out, well see how it does this holiday season. even if it does fail well still get a few decent games out of it.
#16nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 8:14:15 AM
...TW101 is a real gem. There are practically no real flaws in the game and it's pretty lengthy for the kind of game it is. The controls are great, it just takes a while to learn them and even longer to master them. And the difficulty isn't a flaw at all. Reviewers are just asinine to deduct points for their own failings.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#17jrb363Posted 8/31/2013 8:31:11 AM
Oh definitely. Clearly GTA V will single-handedly destroy the system designed for families with it's prostitution, gang-banging and foul language. lol

Note: I'm buying GTA V on day 1 and it will in no way effect the way I look at the Wii U.
---
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS
#18googlerPosted 8/31/2013 8:48:31 AM
FayeLady posted...
If anything Nintendo will benefit from the launch like most other companies will. Its a lot easier to sell units when something is attracting them to the store. The Hard part is over.

except that its not an impulse buy like batteries or chewing gum. If people were there to spend $60 on a game they want and can't wait to play then why would they also take the dive into a console that they didn't already because it has no games they want?
#19Numbuh100Posted 8/31/2013 8:50:23 AM
Fisto81 posted...
If anything this is much worse news for PS4 and Xbone.

This. I doubt they'd want to get the PS4/XONE that soon if they got a lot of time to spend in GTA V.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#20DTY3Posted 8/31/2013 8:50:31 AM
I think its gonna hurt the PS4 and XB1 more.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.