Having trouble going back to games with lower resolutions now...

#1Shad0wg00nPosted 8/31/2013 10:27:50 AM
Wii and below resolution games, including my PS1 aren't doing it for me anymore. Anyone else have this problem or had it with PS360 (Wii U is my first HD console.)
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 8/31/2013 10:32:20 AM
nope
#3guedesbrawlPosted 8/31/2013 10:34:19 AM
this is a prime example of what is so wrong with everything gaming-related today. everything.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 8/31/2013 10:35:25 AM
Yep. I only played the first party stuff on the Wii because of how it wasn't in HD. Similarly, I hate how pixelated the 3DS is with a lot of games, so I don't play it much either. While I'm glad that the Wii U is finally in HD, I'll probably be similarly disappointed in its output once the PS4 is out, though not to the same extent. I'm fine with graphics for the most part so long as they cross the HD barrier and stop being pixelated or so blurry,
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#5Shad0wg00n(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 10:35:35 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
this is a prime example of what is so wrong with everything gaming-related today. everything.

So you think graphical and resolution limitations due to hardware are a good thing?
#6dominatinggamerPosted 8/31/2013 10:39:51 AM
Shad0wg00n posted...
Wii and below resolution games, including my PS1 aren't doing it for me anymore. Anyone else have this problem or had it with PS360 (Wii U is my first HD console.)

It's hard for me to play games where I can't stand to look at the screen. That being said, I'm not one to play "old" games again so I don't run into this problem very often.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
Nintendo ID: Warzone
#7SolisPosted 8/31/2013 10:41:05 AM
guedesbrawl posted...

Yeah, it's pretty terrible that standards are improving. We should be completely stagnant and not care about the quality of the experience at all.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#8Shad0wg00n(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 10:42:01 AM
dominatinggamer posted...
Shad0wg00n posted...

It's hard for me to play games where I can't stand to look at the screen. That being said, I'm not one to play "old" games again so I don't run into this problem very often.

Nothing wrong with that, there is however something wrong with calling them "retro" as a euphemism by AVGN-wannabe hipsters.
#9Shad0wg00n(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 10:42:14 AM
Solis posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

Yeah, it's pretty terrible that standards are improving. We should be completely stagnant and not care about the quality of the experience at all.
#10SagadegoPosted 8/31/2013 10:45:17 AM
guedesbrawl posted...

---
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 4 Golden (Vita) Zone of the Enders HD Edition (ps3)