Having trouble going back to games with lower resolutions now...

#31ChipChippersonPosted 8/31/2013 2:35:34 PM
steerepike posted...
I have a difficult time (visually) with N64/PS1 era graphics. (not that there aren't some standouts) It was, aesthetically, the awkward adolescence of gaming. SNES and NES I have no problem with, and PS2 and beyond look fine to me.

Same. Those early 3D/polygon games don't hold up at all. What's even weirder is that I used to think they looked good.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#32FayeLadyPosted 8/31/2013 2:52:56 PM
I have trouble with NES and before Anything after Genesis looks fine to my eyes. Some times i'll have issues with the way a modern tv will display a game but the newer console's up scaling features rock for handling this.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#33DishSoapPosted 8/31/2013 2:56:00 PM
no i had a wii and xbox 360 forever. but its not about graphics, its gameplay. I can go back and play final fantasy 7 once in awhile and that game is fugly now, i love the soundtrack though lol
---
3ds fc: 0259-0408-0854
#34Nintendogenie00Posted 9/3/2013 6:58:07 AM
The only old game I can't play is final fantasy 7 and that's only because of how slow it is in general. (Not in Fps)

If you can't play an old game just because they are old, it only shows that you love eye candy but not necessarily games. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't see you enjoying a random game of Pong, Pac-Man or maybe even Chess, Checkers or Mahjong anytime soon.
#35The_HyphenatorPosted 9/3/2013 7:04:23 AM
Honestly, I'm having a hard time going back from my Wii U to PS3 and 360 games. You wouldn't think so, but the difference between a game that's rendered in native HD and not just upscaled from sub-HD resolutions to HD is absolutely huge.

I just got done playing Red Dead Redemption on my PS3, and it's amazing how tired my eyes would get playing an upscaled game versus, say, Lego City Undercover or Batman: Arkham City on the Wii U. Combine that with the complete lack of screen-tearing, and it's hard to see how I ever put up with the "HD" Twins' visuals.
#36RetrowirePosted 9/3/2013 7:04:48 AM
I don't have this problem. I admire and appreciate all that gaming has evolved from. Nothing hurts my eyes or anything, I just appreciate the classics.
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#37RetrowirePosted 9/3/2013 7:07:58 AM
FayeLady posted...
I have trouble with NES and before Anything after Genesis looks fine to my eyes. Some times i'll have issues with the way a modern tv will display a game but the newer console's up scaling features rock for handling this.

This is why I plan to have a retro room, I will have an old TV for the sole purpose of playing the old school. It'll look perfectly normal and the way it's meant to look.
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13