On the Wii U miiverse saying you don't like something is "bullying or hateful"

#1jayj420Posted 8/31/2013 2:04:14 PM(edited)
So normally I don't use the miiverse but the other day I had this crazy idea to actually respond to some of the annoying messages that are constantly popping up in their stupid miiverse screen that you get when you boot up a Wii U.

So one of the topics that I responded to was this woman asking if she should get Splinter Cell Blacklist because she had heard good things about it on the miiverse (to little surprise considering what happened when I gave her politically correct honest feedback), so this is exactly what I told her, word for word:

"Not a good reason to buy a game that I personally found very disappointing."

According to Nintendo that comment was supposedly "hateful or bullying content"

So there you have it, on miiverse anything besides an endorsement is somehow hateful and bullying. So if you see a bunch of people telling you to buy a game over there, or don't see any negative comments, that is not because the game is any good, it is only because Nintendo only allows endorsements.
#2WillWarePosted 8/31/2013 1:40:39 PM
And this is why I don't use Miiverse.
---
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Welcome to GameFAQs, where we discuss politics and religion... wait.
#3Baha05Posted 8/31/2013 1:40:47 PM
I just chalk that up to human error. While it's stupid at least the mods are doing something, granted they need to work on it.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#4kukingina2Posted 8/31/2013 1:44:57 PM
ugh... remind me never to post on miiverse, I'd prob get banned a week after getting a wii u
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 8/31/2013 1:47:07 PM
Baha05 posted...
I just chalk that up to human error. While it's stupid at least the mods are doing something, granted they need to work on it.

Yeah, that's not human error, not with the degree to which they moderate things.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#6KonyunaPosted 8/31/2013 1:49:06 PM
Removing Miiverse would benefit the Wii U more than hurt it.

After all, seeing random posts that only has 2 words spelt correctly by moronic children isn't exactly "Enhancing my Experience"
#7Baha05Posted 8/31/2013 1:51:06 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Yeah, that's not human error, not with the degree to which they moderate things.

Yeah it can be considered that if it's based on actual people, but again they actually mod things at least, not like Gamefaqs where you can pretty much name call people and get away with it (Looking at you Raz)
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#8citreanPosted 8/31/2013 1:52:40 PM
I drew one of those bubble blowers for G&W Sketch and got flagged for promoting illegal activity by someone. I protested to the moderators and an admin unblocked it within an hour, so their response is pretty fast I think.
---
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867 / PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean
Deadpool: "My common sense is tingling"
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 8/31/2013 1:55:33 PM
Baha05 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Yeah it can be considered that if it's based on actual people, but again they actually mod things at least, not like Gamefaqs where you can pretty much name call people and get away with it (Looking at you Raz)

Not with the degree to which they moderate legitimate criticism. Nintendo's no different than Bioware or any other company with forums.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#10Baha05Posted 8/31/2013 1:56:35 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Not with the degree to which they moderate legitimate criticism. Nintendo's no different than Bioware or any other company with forums.

Maybe but again they at least do things (also has anyone tried to fight the moderation)
---