Is Nintendo done?

#71thepixelgardenPosted 9/14/2013 3:29:31 PM
It's not that Nintendo is "done", it's that they are having trouble keeping up with the increasing demands of gamers' appetites. People are spending more time consuming entertainment than ever before. That + the transition to HD = they just weren't prepared to meet the demands of the consumer.
#72SaraAB87Posted 9/14/2013 4:22:30 PM
The 3DS has proven that it can keep selling even in a market saturated by tablets iPod's and smartphones, probably because its a pretty cheap system, and can now be had for $129 so a lot of parents buy it as a companion to a more expensive smartphone or tablet. It also goes on sale all the time. The 2DS should sell bonkers over the holidays especially with Pokemon coming out, again its going to be cheap enough for parents to buy even for kids who already have tablets or smartphones.

It also does something the smartphone or tablet cannot do, it plays Nintendo games like Mario, Pokemon and Zelda and kids are constantly demanding these games regardless if they already have a tablet and a smartphone. Its clearly been proven that Nintendo franchises can sell a system alone.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#73superal1966Posted 9/14/2013 4:36:14 PM
It's absurd to think that Nintendo is done, but if they don't change direction they could be in danger of heading down the Sega route.

I love Nintendo, and while many of you will blindly defend it, but the Wii U has been pathetic to be honest.

Consoles can't be judged by launch games, but nearly a year on, there is very little to justify buying the console, especially with so few games on the horizon.

Personally I am sick of endless remakes and hashes of old games. Providing it lives up to the original, the only game that will make me buy a Wii U is Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
#74deimos91Posted 9/14/2013 4:50:30 PM
DKCR TF and M3DW are good games open up and stop being strange.
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.
#75deimos91Posted 9/16/2013 3:10:43 PM
JimmyWordness posted...
Glem3 posted...
Edit: Also, the last console Zelda game came out just 2 years ago. Typically console zelda games are 4-5 years apart, so expecting one sooner this time doesn't really make sense. WWHD is there to help tide people over until the next Zelda.

1998 - Ocarina of Time
2000 - Majora's Mask
2003 - Wind Waker
2006 - Twilight Princess
2011 - Skyward Sword

Seems like it's typically been two or three years between releases other than Skyward Sword (which somehow took five years to make despite being terrible). I expect they took their time with that too since they knew that they already had a Zelda game out on the Wii.

Twilight Princess was heavily delayed as well so originally that was only gonna be like two and a half years since Wind Waker.

I'd expect to see a new Zelda game by mid-2015. Maybe even late 2014.

It was not bad you tasteless mongrel
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.
#76squatch22Posted 9/16/2013 3:14:58 PM
deimos91 posted...
JimmyWordness posted...
Glem3 posted...
Edit: Also, the last console Zelda game came out just 2 years ago. Typically console zelda games are 4-5 years apart, so expecting one sooner this time doesn't really make sense. WWHD is there to help tide people over until the next Zelda.

1998 - Ocarina of Time
2000 - Majora's Mask
2003 - Wind Waker
2006 - Twilight Princess
2011 - Skyward Sword

Seems like it's typically been two or three years between releases other than Skyward Sword (which somehow took five years to make despite being terrible). I expect they took their time with that too since they knew that they already had a Zelda game out on the Wii.

Twilight Princess was heavily delayed as well so originally that was only gonna be like two and a half years since Wind Waker.

I'd expect to see a new Zelda game by mid-2015. Maybe even late 2014.

It was not bad you tasteless mongrel

He forgets the 4 year gap between Zelda 2 and 3, and 7 year gap between LttP and OoT.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#77darkjedilinkPosted 9/16/2013 3:18:43 PM
Is nintendo done

Define "done."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#78GencoilPosted 9/16/2013 3:22:01 PM
Nintendo doom and gloom topic #2478643... next.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#79pokemonfreak97Posted 9/16/2013 9:23:38 PM
Nintendo is DOOMED! DOOMED, I tell you, DOOMED! Their DOOM is nigh! They can do naught but struggle futilely under the unbearable weight of their impending DOOM! Even if they realize their DOOM and face their DOOM, their DOOM will DOOM them to DOOM!

DOOM!
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.