And people wonder why 3rd party games bomb on Nintendo systems.

#1wintrepunkPosted 9/1/2013 8:15:14 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/feature_the_biggest_wii_u_games_of_2013_autumn_fall_edition#comments

There is a poll of everyone's most anticipated upcoming wii u games and Nintendo games make up over 75% of peoples votes. Watch dogs, one of the most anticipated games of the year on every other system only got 9% of the vote. Both it and assassins creed are going to bomb so hard on the wii u. Assassins creed four only got 2% of the vote lol!
#2BkzIzuPosted 9/1/2013 8:17:20 PM
Doesn't matter. The superior version of Assassin Creed IV and Watch Dog is on the playstation console family anyway. They have exclusive content.
#3wintrepunk(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 8:19:44 PM
Excluding the new batman from that list also says a lot about Nintendo gamers.
#4AstralFrostPosted 9/1/2013 8:20:26 PM
Don't complain when third parties don't bother with the console then.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#5HaloOfTheSun442Posted 9/1/2013 8:21:20 PM
Not sure if baiting or not, but I'll go ahead anyway:

Firstly, something getting a lower amount of votes doesn't mean it isn't anticipated. You vote for your "most anticipated". It's perfectly possible for someone to anticipate Assassin's Creed IV while looking forward to Wind Waker HD more, for example.

In addition, of course 3rd party games aren't going to sell as well. Disregarding the "people only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games !!!!" argument people tend to present, the install base the other consoles have that 3rd party games will also be releasing on is considerably larger because they're systems that have been around for more than half a decade.

You may resume your attempt at sensationalism.
#6The13DoctorsPosted 9/1/2013 8:24:54 PM
Thousands of complaints there's no good games. Nintendo puts out monthly system sellers.

Complaints that people want Nintendo's great games.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#7BruceLee007Posted 9/1/2013 8:25:32 PM
Nintendo gamers tend not to like dreary and gritty interactive movie style games. If 3rd parties made games that target Nintendo fans by placing gameplay and fun over trying to be a profound statement on the human condition, then 3rd party game sells would do better on the Wii U.
---
PSN-BruceLee007
#8Lousy_FellowPosted 9/1/2013 8:25:49 PM
Nintendo games are popular. How long till people get this through their thick skull?

I bet if Nintendo games were on the other consoles too, those results wouldn't look so different. Hell, just look at how often people post about Nintendo going 3rd party.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg
#9ChipChippersonPosted 9/1/2013 8:28:53 PM(edited)
Maybe that's because the other systems really don't have any exclusives coming out. If Naughty Dog was putting out half a dozen games this fall I guarantee they'd be above 3rd party titles on the PS3. When I have the choice between games that I know are going to be great like Mario/Zelda/DKCR vs games that might be decent like Watchdogs, the sure thing wins every time.

I'll get many of the 3rd party titles eventually, however I want the exclusives more.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#10ShankspearePosted 9/1/2013 8:27:38 PM
Lousy_Fellow posted...
Nintendo games are popular. How long till people get this through their thick skull?

I bet if Nintendo games were on the other consoles too, those results wouldn't look so different. Hell, just look at how often people post about Nintendo going 3rd party.

Thank you. Well said.