When will Nintendo finally be forced to implement an achievements system?

#1Dersu_UzalaPosted 9/1/2013 10:24:58 PM
I don't like them either, but you have to admit they sell games, and encourage people to stick with one particular hardware manufacturer to boost their score across multiple platforms.
#2AwayFromHerePosted 9/1/2013 10:25:30 PM
They do not sell games.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3Mandrew257Posted 9/1/2013 10:26:57 PM
They dont need achievements.
---
"One mistake doesnt make someone an idiot. Its how they DEAL with the mistake that makes them a hero" - Ken Pontac.
#4GuyFawkes5Posted 9/1/2013 10:27:17 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
They dont need achievements.

This!.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 110% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#5FloridaPantherPosted 9/1/2013 10:27:20 PM
They take away from the fun of the game and make it an un-pure experience. What ever happened to the days of the nes when people were happy just to beat the game and play it?
#6BloodychessPosted 9/1/2013 10:27:59 PM
Who's going to force Nintendo to do this?
---
Give weeds an inch and they'll take a yard.
#7Dersu_Uzala(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 10:28:32 PM
Plenty of times I've seen people say that they've already played the games on a particular HD collection, but they'll buy and play them again for the 'cheevos/trophies. They tend to be quite easy to get in these collections, too.

Imagine how many more people would rebuy Wind Waker in HD if it had achievements.
#8Tsutarja495Posted 9/1/2013 10:29:19 PM
Nintendo's userbase is composed of casuals and Nintendrones like myself. You think either group cares about a system to show of their skills? Achievements are for the hardcore crowd that is never coming back to Nintendo no matter what they do, so it would be a waste of Nintendo's time and money to bother with such an addition.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 9/1/2013 10:29:47 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
They do not sell games.

Of course they do. You're completely denying the existence of the sites dedicated to achievements and trophies in which users buy games motivated by that collection aspect.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#10Dersu_Uzala(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 10:29:51 PM
FloridaPanther posted...
They take away from the fun of the game and make it an un-pure experience. What ever happened to the days of the nes when people were happy just to beat the game and play it?

Those days are long gone, and you know it. As I said in the OP, I don't like achievements either, but Nintendo needs to do everything they can to stay relevant for modern audiences.