Why do people keep complaining about the HDD space of the WiiU?

#1fissionprimerPosted 9/2/2013 12:16:33 PM
That isn't a real problem, at least nintendo let you use a external memory from any provider, unlike sony who demands that you buy it from them.

Complain about real issues like no games, old tech and even that the gamepad isn't even put to good use.

Kthanxbye
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#2FayeLadyPosted 9/2/2013 12:18:46 PM
I can only use a Sony HDD in play Playstations? I guess I should take the Seagate out my PS2 and the WD out of my PS3.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#3JonbazookabozPosted 9/2/2013 12:24:34 PM
They are jealous coz they have to pay a 100 bucks extra for a smaller built in hard drive to their console.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 9/2/2013 12:27:31 PM
Buying 8GB and 32GB storage options that are more expensive per GB of storage than a HD and then buying an external hard drive that won't be as efficient as an internal one is paying for storage options twice and losing efficiency. Clearly, based on the Basic being phased out, the 8GB model was a mistake, and they should have just released two SKUs: 32GB model and a model with a 500GB hard drive.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#5boysrus72Posted 9/2/2013 12:29:41 PM(edited)
Jonbazookaboz posted...
They are jealous coz they have to pay a 100 bucks extra for a smaller built in hard drive to their console.

Except you don't. Nintendo could have easily made the Wii U with a 250 GB HDD instead of the 32 GB SSD for the same price.
---
Think about it.
#6darkphiresagePosted 9/2/2013 1:00:13 PM
Jonbazookaboz posted...

well I dunno about anyone else, but I'm paying $100 extra for superior hardware and 468 extra gigs of storage. great trade imo. >_>

to answer the topic, it's because you guys make it so easy. hell, even this topic wasn't really made to get an answer. it was just to get your very unoriginal and hilariously wrong .02 into an argument that you're pretending not to enjoy. (tho i'm pretty sure you're just trolling anyway. no way you read those other topics and still said what you did about the ps3)
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#7JackalPosted 9/2/2013 1:04:30 PM
fissionprimer posted...
That isn't a real problem, at least nintendo let you use a external memory from any provider, unlike sony who demands that you buy it from them.

Complain about real issues like no games, old tech and even that the gamepad isn't even put to good use.

Kthanxbye

You should close this topic after such a senseless comment. You don't even know that the PS3 can use any 2.5' laptop drive after all of these years? And even 3.5" drives if one really wants too?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/2/2013 4:31:48 PM
How much disc storage is really needed? I mean, FMVs were pretty much a tired fad that Square milked dry since the days of CD-ROM. Most games on the 3DS barely exceed even Gamecube capacity, so I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with console developers these days.
#9mmarksterPosted 9/2/2013 4:50:50 PM
Because there are people that complain about everything.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo Universe = win!
#10Devil_wings00Posted 9/2/2013 4:58:32 PM
I dunno I don't know anyone who doesn't have a spare USB stick or External drive lying around. Not really an issue for me. Also you kind of made yourself look like a raving fanboy when you said sony has proprietary drives...I think you meant MS but to late now your religious Nintendo zeolotry has been revealed. You don't even know basic crap about another console after more then half a decade after it's release. Expand your horizons friend, Nintendo isn't your friend, they are a corporation trying to get your money just like Sony and MS.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).