NeoGAF anti-WiiU fanboys pissed off about Rayman Legends WiiU sales

#41Maverick_ReznorPosted 9/3/2013 12:35:24 PM
googler posted...
squatch22 posted...
googler posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
googler posted...
Who cares, because:
A: People had preordered it on the U since last year.
B: Who the **** else but Nintendo fans would preorder Rayman in eager anticipation?
C: It sold horribly on all platforms for its' debut - check out how well on average "14th place" sells on any given week.

A: Preorders mean nothing in the long run.
B: When the f*** did Rayman become synonymous with Nintendo? If anything he's 100% multi-platform.

A: this topic shouldn't exist then since its just more fanboy crap that's based on the game selling most on the U, which is mostly due in part to preorders. If that's its launch then dont expect its lifetime numbers to be much better.
B:He did becom synonymous with Nintendo when all the drones expected it to be an exclusive game. Did you forget about all those topics way back when about how "the other systems aren't powerful enough to handle the game" and all the other circle-jerking before it went multiplat?

and to the other troll, I haven't owned a Sony console since PS2/PSP and couldn't give 2 ****s about rayman as the genre grew stale for the most part by 1994

So other formats had no preorders?

probably not since nobody gives a rats ass about Rayman anymore - its a franchise in decline and also why games released well before it outsold it on it's own release day. Like I said, it was only Nintendo owners placating each other and themselves since last year because they thought they had a game all to themselves. My point is who cares which version sold better because its sales sucked no matter how you look at it - nothing to do with console favoritism. You're the ones trying to spin it into some kind of pitiful victory

man how bitter can you get
#42tizzywilkillyouPosted 9/3/2013 1:04:17 PM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
segagamer posted...
Isnt neogaf pro-Sony? So many ps4 topics...

Pretty much. I was permabanned for calling Sony trolls out for trolling in a Wii U topic.

Yeah, it's absolutely an unwritten rule on that site that blatantly trolling Nintendo, Nintendo games, Nintendo fans, etc is absolutely allowed if not encouraged.

As a result I sometimes feel like gaf is even more poorly moderated than gamefaqs.

I had a one month ban awhile back for "off topic posting and meta-analysis" when I pointed out the fact that gaf is 60% Sony, 20% Nintendo, and 20% MSFT (at best for the latter two) when some Sony fans complained about Nintendo fanboys ****ting up the site.

NovaLevossida posted...
The NeoGAF reaction is rather tame. Spot #14 is kind of bad for a game's opening release on a platform, but it's not like they're pissed at the news of it selling better than the other versions. Overstatement.

That's a fair point. They're not acting pissed so much as they're conducting damage control, "...well this just proves how awful the Wii U is, even if it bombed even worse on all other platforms, because the Wii U has less to choose from..." and comments along those lines.
#43MrYon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 1:45:29 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
segagamer posted...
Isnt neogaf pro-Sony? So many ps4 topics...

Pretty much. I was permabanned for calling Sony trolls out for trolling in a Wii U topic.

Yeah, it's absolutely an unwritten rule on that site that blatantly trolling Nintendo, Nintendo games, Nintendo fans, etc is absolutely allowed if not encouraged.

As a result I sometimes feel like gaf is even more poorly moderated than gamefaqs.

I had a one month ban awhile back for "off topic posting and meta-analysis" when I pointed out the fact that gaf is 60% Sony, 20% Nintendo, and 20% MSFT (at best for the latter two) when some Sony fans complained about Nintendo fanboys ****ting up the site.

NovaLevossida posted...
The NeoGAF reaction is rather tame. Spot #14 is kind of bad for a game's opening release on a platform, but it's not like they're pissed at the news of it selling better than the other versions. Overstatement.

That's a fair point. They're not acting pissed so much as they're conducting damage control, "...well this just proves how awful the Wii U is, even if it bombed even worse on all other platforms, because the Wii U has less to choose from..." and comments along those lines.

Totally agree. Is not difficult to spot a NeoGAF mod trolling or doomsaying Nintendo products, specially the WiiU. Is very rare for a anti-Nintendo fanboys to get the ban hammer around there unless the trolling went too much far (sometimes not blatant trolling isn't enough for a ban).

I constantly post there and contest the bias against Nintendo around the entire gaming media and development. They always support a developer not willing to develop for Nintendo, there's minimal defense force around there to actually contest third-parties's decision to shaft Nintendo. They also overlook many negative number against Microsoft and Sony and highlight with major publicity the negativity around Nintendo. A NeoGAF mod changed a thread title originally titled "Pikmin 3 made WiiU sales double in Japan" to "It made 22k and later back to 10k". That was stupid, they seems to be supporting a negativism campaign against WiiU.

I think Nintendo should be aware of this negativism against them around the gaming media, this is getting out of control and taking a hit into Nintendo's credibility in the gaming world. They should counter this issue with more aggressive marketing. Otherwise, WiiU will be plagued by bad press, bias and negativism toward it.
#44Tauro_FcPosted 9/3/2013 3:56:59 PM
Lmao, did they just banned the tc for making that topic?
#45RainingMetalPosted 9/3/2013 4:04:25 PM
Hope they burn in hell.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#46thelastgogetaPosted 9/3/2013 5:08:40 PM
Evilmonster posted...
what are sales numbers by chance? neogaf is blocked for me

No numbers, the UK charts provide collective charts in many forms including by individual platform (how we know which one charted above the others) and they also give small bits of information as far as percent increases in sales between installments (how we know Rayman Legends did better than Origins or DMC4 did better than DmC in Week 1, even without numbers).
---
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever
#47thelastgogetaPosted 9/3/2013 5:50:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48Rouge_511Posted 9/3/2013 8:03:40 PM
What would they say if the ps3 sales were better?
#49godslayer61Posted 9/3/2013 8:08:11 PM
Companion_Cube_ posted...
I'm pissed off about it because that shows that the delay, which was due to a concern of Wii U sales, was pointless.

I waited 6 months for nothing...

no in the interview with the head guy at ubi he said they lost a lot of money on zombie u and they were not going to take a chance so the decided to port it to every system since the wii u has a small user base. if you want the video just google (video of why rayman is not a wii u exclusive)
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-0361-6138-6925
#50MrYon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:59:15 AM
Rouge_511 posted...
What would they say if the ps3 sales were better?

They would say WiiU is doomed and there's no reason to support it.