How much do you think Miyamoto's death would effect Nintendo as a company?

#1ThaxagoodnamePosted 9/2/2013 9:15:09 PM
80/80

First off, KNOCK ON WOOD

On a scale of 1-10, how much would this effect them?-10 being the biggest effect and 1 being the least effective.
#2YoyokuKOPosted 9/2/2013 9:19:31 PM
...probably...
like steve jobs except without an awful movie and bad biographies...hopefully anyways...

after the flood of sadness and hipster jerks, they'll move on.
#3kukingina2Posted 9/2/2013 9:22:11 PM(edited)
dude don't even talk about $!@# like that

thats too depressing

also nintendo would proabably lose alot of quality in their future games
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 9/2/2013 9:21:04 PM
There will be morale lost for a while, but they'll move on pretty soon.

Miyamoto as a employee isn't doing too much these days, certainly not to the extent of 20-30 years ago.
#5TalentedMPosted 9/2/2013 9:23:26 PM
1 to 10 on someones significance as a human being in a company?

You monster.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#6fluffy_kinsPosted 9/2/2013 9:24:13 PM
I don't want anyone to die, but Nintendo games would probably get better if that happened. Force some new leadership
---
"damn, it's like a disco ball's in front of my face!" -chris redfield
#7Thaxagoodname(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 9:26:21 PM
TalentedM posted...
1 to 10 on someones significance as a human being in a company?

You monster.

I apologize for my dark demeanor.
#8ZuuFPosted 9/2/2013 9:27:51 PM
Considering his impact on gaming, period...I think that as a nice tribute, Nintendo could offer a few of his older games to the other systems.

1. to honor him by allowing the largest possible audience to play his creations
2. from a business viewpoint...some games they could offer would just be pure profit on all fronts

As far as how it would run...Nintendo would probably try hard to keep his legacy, but ultimately change to something that they are comfortable with, because he would not be coming back to aid.
---
I think I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure.
Disco lives forever!
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 9/2/2013 9:35:44 PM
ZuuF posted...
Considering his impact on gaming, period...I think that as a nice tribute, Nintendo could offer a few of his older games to the other systems.

1. to honor him by allowing the largest possible audience to play his creations
2. from a business viewpoint...some games they could offer would just be pure profit on all fronts

As far as how it would run...Nintendo would probably try hard to keep his legacy, but ultimately change to something that they are comfortable with, because he would not be coming back to aid.

I can't decide wether jts hilarious or sickening that you try to use a man's death to have Nintendo games on other systems.
#10DoramiPosted 9/2/2013 9:36:33 PM
No immediate significant impact, I think.

Miyamoto himself is not doing much directly in the company at the moment, so losing him wouldn't lose a key talent in some important project at the company.

Most Nintendo designers respect Miyamoto greatly. Just because he's dead does not mean his influence on them is gone--they will try to live up to his expectations.
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs