To me, a 32 yo gaming veteran, the wii U does a lot right.

#1wonderful121Posted 9/3/2013 2:33:37 AM
This is the first time after the days of the snes that everything clicks. Well, maybe the gba comes close. Switching between 101, rayman, pikmin 3, luigi, makes for fantastic evenings of fun. The gamepad is adventurous, and makes me smile with it's simplistic but practical usage in rayman. Hey! Something new on the pad! A click away. Joyfull. 101 is an underrated gem. It might be platinums best game ever, and this is coming from a huge bayonetta and vanquish nerd. If you don't own this system yet, don't disregard it. Or do, but you'll miss out.
#2ZayziePosted 9/3/2013 2:43:35 AM
How much were you paid for this advertisement??
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
#3Jx1010Posted 9/3/2013 2:43:42 AM
Same here, the console is good
#4ChipChippersonPosted 9/3/2013 2:49:52 AM
I've been gaming for almost 30 years and I really don't have many complaints with the system. Yea some more games would be nice but honestly I'm not hurting for much to play, doubly so with the flood of games coming this fall. However I can completely understand the ''no games'' argument. Anything more than that i.e. gamepad, Miiverse, etc, starts getting into personal preferences and personally I like most of what this console offers.

My only real gripe is the pad battery because it stinks.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#5STN79Posted 9/3/2013 2:53:29 AM
I'm 34 and i've been more than satisfied with Wii U! People act like this is the first game system with a slow start. It happens to all of them. Nintendo has had it's ups and downs but through it all they still manage to remain a vital part of the industry. I mean where would the fun of gaming be without Nintendo? We'd be playing nothing but military shooters and colorless drab Cgi interactive movies. For games with that childlike joy there's no system i'd rather be playing than a Nintendo!
---
"for us its about games, about the fun, about the entertainment value, and not about the tech. reggie fils-aime
#6TalentedMPosted 9/3/2013 2:58:31 AM
28 year old here and I tend to agree with you. Especially at this time in its life with so many fun (exclusive) games coming.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#7BruceLee007Posted 9/3/2013 3:01:19 AM
I'm a 28 year old and I feel this may be Nintendo's best home console since the Super Nintendo. Just got one last month and I am loving it. Between Wonderful 101, DKC:TF, SM3DW, and WWHD, the Wii U will have the best holiday lineup for any system in recent memory IMO.

My favorite types of games are platformers and action-adventure, and those are the genres where Nintendo excels.
---
PSN-BruceLee007
#8nonexistingheroPosted 9/3/2013 3:04:00 AM
STN79 posted...
I'm 34 and i've been more than satisfied with Wii U! People act like this is the first game system with a slow start. It happens to all of them. Nintendo has had it's ups and downs but through it all they still manage to remain a vital part of the industry. I mean where would the fun of gaming be without Nintendo? We'd be playing nothing but military shooters and colorless drab Cgi interactive movies. For games with that childlike joy there's no system i'd rather be playing than a Nintendo!

The slow start isn't really the problem. The problem is with a ton of idiotic people and the media saying there's still nothing for the Wii U, while completely ignoring recent good stuff and shortly upcoming good stuff.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9monkeyspoonPosted 9/3/2013 3:26:12 AM
If they wiiu did a lot of things right then it would sell better, but it doesn't.
---
Can't wait for PS4.
#10niels200683Posted 9/3/2013 4:02:40 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
If they wiiu did a lot of things right then it would sell better, but it doesn't.

The wii U itself does everything right. It's really a great system - I've been playing it a lot more than my PS3 and 3DS since I got it (first due to zombie U and AC3 without ugly HUD on the main screen - as well as spending way too much time drawing pixel-perfect drawings on miiverse, then Monster Hunter - a lot of monster hunter - and last month has been crazy with releases of Luigi U, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Rayman legends and a bunch of nice eshop games)
Nintendo is just botching advertising the thing, which is why it's not selling.
---
Doris Lessing:
There's no fool like an intellectual - a kind of clever stupidity bred out of a line of logic in the head, nothing to do with experience.