Why the wii u isn't selling it doesn't have "next gen" games

#1Murderstorm117Posted 9/3/2013 8:33:05 AM
Nintendo doesn't have any big new ips that take advantage of the hardware. All the games coming out this holiday just look like hd versions of wii games. People get excited when they see shiny new graphics or big open worlds to games and nintendo doesn't have any of that. People are seeing games that look like the ones they have been playing the entire past gen and it makes it hard to get excited for that. I highly doubt the wii u will turn around this holiday as the games aren't anything special

Nintendo really needs to make a new big AAA ip that uses all the power of the system and is aimed at a older audience
---
NNID Mstorm
Ps4 Day 1
#2InnerscopePosted 9/3/2013 8:35:25 AM
I so can't wait to see how the PS4 and Xbox One boards turn out after their launches.
---
Disliking current gen games or practices =/= Entitlement and/or Nostalgia
#3b1gt0nePosted 9/3/2013 8:38:54 AM
Innerscope posted...
I so can't wait to see how the PS4 and Xbox One boards turn out after their launches.

Battlefield 4 confirmed to be meh

barely meets medium pc settings
#4Crazy_tank51Posted 9/3/2013 8:40:03 AM
So basically Nintendo needs to do what is causing MicroSony and 3rd parties (Looking at you, Square!) to blow billions out of their butts to grab a demographic who does not care about Nintendo.

Got it.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD
#5fon1988Posted 9/3/2013 8:40:50 AM
Super Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, etc are all either out, or going to be out before Christmas.

If NONE of those games interest you, than you should stick with another system. It's that easy.

You describe "next gen" as open world with shiny graphics, can you please tell me how the last generation of games didn't have those? And how those are somehow new to Xbox One and PS4, and how Wii U doesn't have them?
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#6RetrowirePosted 9/3/2013 8:47:16 AM
fon1988 posted...
Super Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, etc are all either out, or going to be out before Christmas.

If NONE of those games interest you, than you should stick with another system. It's that easy.

You describe "next gen" as open world with shiny graphics, can you please tell me how the last generation of games didn't have those? And how those are somehow new to Xbox One and PS4, and how Wii U doesn't have them?

Murderstorm didn't say the last gen of games didn't have those features. TC didn't even say they are new to the Xbox One and PS4, TC was just stating "People are seeing games that look like the ones they have been playing the entire past gen and it makes it hard to get excited for that."

That said, isn't AC4 and Watch Dogs pretty open world ish? So the Wii U does already have these. It just needs a little more. I would agree that Nintendo should try a new IP that is bolder, but not by the definition of all these dudebros on the internet. I say no to a GTA rendition, I say yes to something big and original.
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#7AvirosbPosted 9/3/2013 8:48:34 AM
Murderstorm topic.

Did I do it right?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#8Tortus2Posted 9/3/2013 8:53:27 AM
I don't care if Wii U "looks" next gen or not. All I care about is having fun with my video game consoles.

So far, Wii U has provided me with lots of entertainment from New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Nintendo Land, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed and when I complete New Super Luigi U, The Wonderful 101 (provided it's the same or better than I found the demo).

And later on, I'll be buying Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World.

Obviously, that doesn't even include the fun I'm having with my PC games and 3DS games.

Call me a fanboy if you want (anybody who likes anything these days is technically a "fanboy" anyway) but at least I'm having fun with my hobby and that's all I care about.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#9SpookyryuPosted 9/3/2013 8:53:29 AM
Avirosb posted...
Murderstorm topic.

Did I do it right?

Yes you did, very good