I hope the new Wii-U Zelda is shorten to 10 or 15 hours in length

#61ADHDguitarPosted 9/7/2013 11:08:14 AM
Sorry, the majority of gamers love padding and don't give a toss about quality.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#62kjhoveyPosted 9/7/2013 11:13:47 AM
DTY3 posted...
The only Zelda games without padding are the 2D ones.

That's a pretty good rule for pretty much all games.

For that reason alone, I find it much easier to play old games during busy times. It's so easy for me to pick up and play ALttP compared to newer Zelda games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#63cybersonic233Posted 9/7/2013 11:30:40 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
It took me around 50 hours to complete skyward sword and I enjoyed all of it.
So I disagree, why wouldn't you wish for a 50 hour game with no padding instead?

just started Skyward Sword today picked it up for 15 good to know im getting a long game
#64GodofLazinessPosted 9/7/2013 11:35:03 AM
abbyhitter posted...
I want more padding. I want the main storyline to be at least 40 hours. I'm not paying $60 for a 15 hour Zelda game.

Exactly this. I feel like some gamers nowaday are just too impatient and would rather rush through a game instead of enjoying it fully.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#65kjhoveyPosted 9/7/2013 11:42:33 AM
GodofLaziness posted...
abbyhitter posted...
I want more padding. I want the main storyline to be at least 40 hours. I'm not paying $60 for a 15 hour Zelda game.

Exactly this. I feel like some gamers nowaday are just too impatient and would rather rush through a game instead of enjoying it fully.

Well that depends on what you enjoy. I personally would enjoy a game that is 20 hours long and consistently develops the story... rather than a 50 hour game filled with fetch quests. Not saying Zeldas do this, but there's definitely more fetching in newer Zeldas.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#66DTY3Posted 9/7/2013 12:11:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#67DTY3Posted 9/7/2013 12:12:18 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
I only hope that it doesnt have a Long as F*** Opening like Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess did. Had to Drag myself through them. If they HAVE to have a long opening like those, at least make the story interesting, not the crap we had for openings in SS/TP.

It took me three months to get the first sword in TP.

It was so long and drawn out and boring.

LTTP had a perfect opening. You began the game infiltrating Hyrule castle. No fetch quests. No drawn out dialogue. No fishing. No playing with the town children.

Just busting into a heavily armed castle and breaking Zelda out of jail.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#68game freakozoidPosted 9/7/2013 12:20:04 PM
I wouldn't mind a 20 hour game. Really my only wish is for it not to be as mind-numbingly boring and padded out as SS was.
#69Tsutarja495Posted 9/7/2013 12:24:24 PM
I can't stress enough how much I hate the slow text speed and how you can't skip any of it in Skyward Sword. I guarantee that if they let you skip conversations like in Fire Emblem, it would shave off at least a couple of hours off the time it takes to beat the game. And please, never have anyone like Fi again. If it has to have some kind of companion, make them optional. Relegate them to a menu or something to be brought up on command in case you actually want to hear what they have to say.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg