I wonder how the Shadow of Enternal guys feel about Mighty No 9 lol.

#111shadetail1Posted 9/3/2013 2:48:17 PM
The kickstarter for Mighty No. 9 is simply better produced than the Shadow of the Eternals one was. The Mighty No. 9 page draws you right in with a jazzy look and tons of well-organized info. The Shadow of the Eternals page was rather bland, and pretty sparse with its info.

Also, Mighty No. 9 has a really big name behind it. Everyone knows Keiji Inafune, and Mr. Inafune was able to use that influence to get a lot of serious professionals on board. Shadow of the Eternals didn't have anyone like that on their team.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#12JobocanPosted 9/3/2013 3:08:11 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Transdude posted...
Just saying, Shadow of the Eternals got through Greenlight on Steam

That's interesting. It's good that they've been able to make that progress without the Kickstart backing them.

...or do they still need their funding at this point?

Greenlight is basically just a voting system to get more games on Steam. It has very little to do with funding, as far as I can find.

Might mean they'll keep working on it without external funding.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#13S_FoxPosted 9/3/2013 3:22:56 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
You can only blame a kickstarter failing to reach its goals so many times based on the negative press about previously employing a pedophile. After a certain point, they should pause and say, "Maybe people just don't actually want to fund our game."

what's this about a pedophile?
---
Currently Playing:Tales of the Abyss
Last Games Finished: Persona 3
#14deimos91Posted 9/3/2013 3:32:35 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
The kickstarter for Mighty No. 9 is simply better produced than the Shadow of the Eternals one was. The Mighty No. 9 page draws you right in with a jazzy look and tons of well-organized info. The Shadow of the Eternals page was rather bland, and pretty sparse with its info.

Also, Mighty No. 9 has a really big name behind it. Everyone knows Keiji Inafune, and Mr. Inafune was able to use that influence to get a lot of serious professionals on board. Shadow of the Eternals didn't have anyone like that on their team.

Main reason is that everyone wants a new megaman and someone is giving it to them
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.
#15cavebear56Posted 9/4/2013 8:03:12 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Iokua posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
You can only blame a kickstarter failing to reach its goals so many times based on the negative press about previously employing a pedophile. After a certain point, they should pause and say, "Maybe people just actually want to fund our game."

The pedo has nothing to do with the failure of their kickstarters, as the first one was already fizzling before that ever happened. It has everything to do with a narrow console aim, and Dennis Dyack.

Whoops, left out the "don't" out of "just actually want to fund our game." The pedophilia charge had a lot of negative press, and I see it a lot in commentary about the kickstarter. However, I wasn't familiar with Dyack's previous work, but I was familiar with the name. The guy behind Too Human! Okay, I can see why they wouldn't want to fun dit.

Mostly what lokua said but...I do agree with Nova that the pedophile issue no matter the context, charge or future verdicts carries a very strong negative stigma.

It was floundering enough before that due to greed and ignorant project management. The pedophile charge just added even further fuel.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.