Kamiya: No longer wants to work on Starfox

#1GodofLazinessPosted 9/3/2013 7:45:31 PM
http://nintendoeverything.com/kamiya-wonderful-101-would-have-played-differently-as-nintendo-all-star-game-no-longer-wants-to-work-on-star-fox-seeing-one-of-his-characters-in-smash-bros/#more-133754

Ive been known for saying I want to work on Star Fox, but the tendency for this to spread and people constantly pestering me with questions, like How would you do this? How would you do that? Quite frankly, Ive decided I dont want to work on Star Fox anymore.

This is an incredibly disappointing news to me and I'm sure most Nintendo fans too.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#2Numbuh100Posted 9/3/2013 7:46:13 PM
Ehhh.......he changes his mind to quickly. He should work with Monolith Soft.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#3IokuaPosted 9/3/2013 7:47:03 PM
It shouldn't disappoint you, as why would Nintendo give him the series in the first place? Kamiya is an aggressive, whiny, self absorbed jack ass. His creative talents aside, that's not someone you want representing a series you're trying to rebuild.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#4BkzIzuPosted 9/3/2013 7:47:26 PM
I bet Nintendo said no and dissed him after W101 bombed. Which probably hurt his feelings and now he doesn't want to work with Nintendo anymore.
#5zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 7:47:34 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Ehhh.......he changes his mind to quickly. He should work with Monolith Soft.

This. A little bash to change his mind when after a few persistent fans/annoyances ask you, but oh well. It would of made P* a lot of money like MGR did for them.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#6SignusZerielPosted 9/3/2013 7:48:51 PM
Nice poor cut of the article.

He has a very good point. Nintendo has garnered OBSCENE amounts of pressure regarding any main IP game. He'd be facing almost Sakurai-level stress.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#7DarthLaharlPosted 9/3/2013 7:52:15 PM
lol, he sounds worse than Phil Fish.
---
Waiting for FF X/X-2, Y's Memories Of Celceta, Toukiden, Infamous: Second Son, The Guided Fate Paradox, Pokemon X, Sorcery Saga, Tearaway, Destiny, and Knack
#8MirageStrikerPosted 9/3/2013 7:52:50 PM
*Groans* Why do people do this kind of ****. The guy said he would like to...Not I am working on it. This is why we can't have nice things...People take crap too far and ruin it for everyone else. Ugh.
#9SignusZerielPosted 9/3/2013 7:54:23 PM
MirageStriker posted...
*Groans* Why do people do this kind of ****. The guy said he would like to...Not I am working on it. This is why we can't have nice things...People take crap too far and ruin it for everyone else. Ugh.

This topic is why he bailed on it.

Thanks for proving his point.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#10PUNCHOUT1116Posted 9/3/2013 7:55:04 PM
I... dont think I would want Platinum games working on Star Fox honestly. Haven't played a game of theirs yet that made me say "thats a great game!"

This guy sounds a little too whiny anyway :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.