Will Bayo 2 flop?

#1CasualGamersPosted 9/4/2013 12:32:04 AM
After seeing the poor performance of W101, the next question that comes to mind is if bayo 2 will tank. What are your guys thoughts?

I have never played bayo 1 because I didn't have a 7th gen console, but I am really stoked about bayo 2. It is a must buy for me, but I still think that it will not perform well and barely break the 1 million mark in lifetime sales since the first one didn't sell so well and it is on the wii u.
#2wonderful121Posted 9/4/2013 12:33:21 AM
Commercially, yes
#3senelcoolidge_Posted 9/4/2013 12:35:25 AM
I hope by the time Bayonetta 2 arrives, the Wii U has a steady fan base with more systems sold. I also have a feeling [some] people who played the first Bayonetta will suck it up and purchase a Wii U. I hope this game does well, but if it doesn't I won't be surprised.
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#4ElectricMolePosted 9/4/2013 12:36:54 AM
well the first game was on two platforms and did kinda well, but not good enough for Sega to fund the sequel.

Bayo 2 is limited to just one console to an audience who havent even played the first one (majority).
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#5TallWhiteNinjaPosted 9/4/2013 12:37:42 AM
Hoping not: it's among the top reasons I got the system in the first place.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#6nonexistingheroPosted 9/4/2013 12:48:11 AM
ElectricMole posted...
well the first game was on two platforms and did kinda well, but not good enough for Sega to fund the sequel.

Bayo 2 is limited to just one console to an audience who havent even played the first one (majority).

With your reasoning, many games such as Final Fantasy VII should have completely bombed...
Aside from that, there's actually a decent chance that the Wii U will get Bayonetta 1 as well.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7ElectricMolePosted 9/4/2013 12:53:22 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
ElectricMole posted...

With your reasoning, many games such as Final Fantasy VII should have completely bombed...
Aside from that, there's actually a decent chance that the Wii U will get Bayonetta 1 as well.

My mistake. Bayonetta 2 will sell 5 million copies.
---
#8plasmatic5Posted 9/4/2013 12:53:50 AM
ElectricMole posted...

Just wondering...how do you know most people with Wii Us haven't played the first one? Are you basing this just off of statistics because not many people played Bayonetta and therefore, statistically speaking, not many Wii U owners would have played Bayonetta? Or are you making the assumption that most Wii U owners didn't play the first one because they didn't have access to it? Just wondering.

I can see it going either way with Bayonetta 2, honestly. Nintendo knows how to push games when they're publishing, but the Wii U has a low install base currently. I think it all depends on how well the Wii U is doing by time of release AND when Bayonetta 2 releases. If it releases in the middle of a busy time, it might not do well, but if it releases when not much else is releasing, it has good potential.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#9ElectricMolePosted 9/4/2013 12:59:49 AM
plasmatic5 posted...
ElectricMole posted...

Just wondering...how do you know most people with Wii Us haven't played the first one?

Just a guess by observing the Bayonetta threads that pop up every now and then on this board. Same with Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns. I doubt many here even heard of those games.
---
#10AstralFrostPosted 9/4/2013 1:02:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]