Disapointed with the Pokemon paywall, will this end up affecting the WIiU aswell

#21mrchimPosted 9/4/2013 6:18:41 PM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Nintendo fanboys would whine about this to no end if it was sony or microsoft, but Nintendo does it and it's okay lol

That's outright untrue. That seems to be a theme in your posts I find.
#22Enigma149Posted 9/4/2013 6:18:49 PM
betterboulder posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Nintendo fanboys would whine about this to no end if it was sony or microsoft, but Nintendo does it and it's okay lol

When they charge for online play, I'll throw a fit. As of now, there's no reason to complain.

When they charge for online play, I'm done with online.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#23BloodychessPosted 9/4/2013 6:20:01 PM
betterboulder posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...

When they charge for online play, I'll throw a fit. As of now, there's no reason to complain.

Optional is cool in my book, but don't take my internet and make me pay for it twice. I was really bummed/butthurt about that decision from Sony
---
Give weeds an inch and they'll take a yard.
#24Tsutarja495Posted 9/4/2013 6:22:20 PM
Now that Nintendo is doing a payments thing I'm fine with it. It was when Nintendo didn't do it when I thought it would be horrible. I'm fine paying $5 a year for this service.

Anyway, Nintendo making things like Youtube have subscription fees wouldn't affect me at all, I don't use them now that they are free anyway. Same goes for online multiplayer, I don't even use it now when it's free. I just wouldn't sign up for these features.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#25WhiteKilla666Posted 9/4/2013 6:22:52 PM
Bloodychess posted...
betterboulder posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...

Optional is cool in my book, but don't take my internet and make me pay for it twice. I was really bummed/butthurt about that decision from Sony

Online play is optional too.... lol
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#26BloodychessPosted 9/4/2013 6:25:33 PM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Bloodychess posted...
betterboulder posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...

So is turning the console on
---
Give weeds an inch and they'll take a yard.
#27AmakusaPosted 9/4/2013 6:28:50 PM
NCPwn posted...
It's funny how Blizzard provided Battle.net for free 20 years ago and managed your data for Diablo 2 servers. But I guess a database for your pokemon is expensive stuff.

I don't know about you, but I can't access any of my characters that were saved online in Diablo 2. Not to mention my win/loss records in Starcraft and Warcraft 3 have long since disappeared.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#28SyCo_VeNoMPosted 9/4/2013 6:30:18 PM
NCPwn posted...
cavebear56 posted...
NCPwn posted...
It's funny how Blizzard provided Battle.net for free 20 years ago and managed your data for Diablo 2 servers. But I guess a database for your pokemon is expensive stuff.

Or how online has been free for how long now and Sony and Microsoft make it expensive and stuff...

It's almost like a business.wants to try and make money.

You know, like releasing the same game but with 3 separate campaigns split across 3 games rather than 1 like the originals...

Or (this one actually does boggle my mind) the terrible decisions made with a long desired game (Diablo 3).

Im not talking about games from company, only about online services that store your data. Like Battle.net, which is still subscription free. But I guess you must make random objections because you are in the wrong.

Well B.net though you have noticed there are ads, and those ads are what pay for it.

This though I will admit is kinda gimpy its not free as I've seen plenty of online databases that are free.
I dunno I just can't see how there will be a ton of traffic, now if it was handling online multiplayer matches yea maybe, but this is just storing data and shouldn't see tons, and tons of traffic all the time
#29WhiteKilla666Posted 9/4/2013 6:30:26 PM
Bloodychess posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Bloodychess posted...
betterboulder posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...

So is turning the console on

Yep, Sony doesn't charge you for that because they aren't anticonsumer.
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#30VenomSymbiotePosted 9/4/2013 6:53:10 PM
Isn't the "paywall" for a feature that lets you have access to ALL of your Pokemon from now until the end of time? Couldn't you, in theory, just pay 5 bucks every new generation to have access to your old Pokemon, trade them to the new games, then just not pay for it again until the next generation? 5 bucks for access to my current Muk, per generation, doesn't seem that bad to me at all. It's a hell of a lot less bullcrap than charging 5 dollars a month just so people can play online with others for using their own internet like MS and Sony do.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."