With Pokemon being microtransaction city on the U, and now a monthly pay service

#11FayeLadyPosted 9/4/2013 5:41:52 PM
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...
FayeLady posted...
I'd say we are years away from any kind of Nintendo MMO, Pay to play or otherwise.

Even with Reggie's 'Online is sooo important to us' rabble as of late?

Especially with that statement. Even the companies who understand online gaming have traditionally stayed away from P2P MMO games on console. We have had many attempts and really only FF11 as a success in the last decade.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#12random_man9119Posted 9/4/2013 5:44:02 PM
R_Hunter posted...
If any series is likely to go that route, it'd be Animal Crossing.

That said, I don't see them going that route, for a while.

I could definitely see that. AC is slated for a U release sometime too.

And to the other guy; Pokemon Rumble U uses NFC toys which are microtransactions

The toys are optional though
---
PSN: Des-Nos|3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities|ACNL: Odd from Utopia
#13Jet_Set_Radi_Go(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:45:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14R_HunterPosted 9/4/2013 5:46:03 PM
random_man9119 posted...
R_Hunter posted...

And to the other guy; Pokemon Rumble U uses NFC toys which are microtransactions

The toys are optional though

Much like Pokemon Bank.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#15Jet_Set_Radi_Go(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:49:19 PM(edited)
FayeLady posted...
FayeLady posted...
I'd say we are years away from any kind of Nintendo MMO, Pay to play or otherwise.

Even with Reggie's 'Online is sooo important to us' rabble as of late?

Especially with that statement. Even the companies who understand online gaming have traditionally stayed away from P2P MMO games on console. We have had many attempts and really only FF11 as a success in the last decade.

FFXI was a good game though, and it made a ton of money. The other FF MMO's suck, what I mean by that is that they could make a ton of money if they made a good Mario MMO

And to random; from what I read, not really.
#16cavebear56Posted 9/4/2013 5:51:19 PM(edited)
Options are bad in this topic...grrr options.

I mean it isn't like Riot doesn't use the F2P model excellently or Valve!

There was another topic about this...and it's ok to be skeptical but stop acting like having options are a bad thing.

It's like the PS3 board crying about every single piece of DLC ever made.

How come my internet provider has tiered services for connection speeds?! So unfair for them to make money while providing a service for convenience rather than charging for something fundamental like paying to play online.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#17SyCo_VeNoMPosted 9/4/2013 5:51:36 PM
R_Hunter posted...

Hmm never even looked at that in all honesty
Looking at the prices they seem cheaper then disneys game, and there are only 18 figures so it doesn't seem too bad.
I really don't count that as a microtransactions though as you get a physical object a micro transaction to me is like for example mobage charging to reset your insanely long cool downs in their games $1 a shot, and you need to do it repeatedly to place in any kind of event rankings(the one I play people spend THOUSANDS of dollars an event to place).
In all honesty this I see as being closer to a CCG as you get a physical good you can trade, sell, collect, or display.
#18YamiYugi4400Posted 9/4/2013 6:52:25 PM
Lol people got mad for sony making the ps4 need PS+, pokemon bank is fine though heehee
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#19Tsutarja495Posted 9/4/2013 6:57:30 PM
How are the toys microtransactions? I thought the point of those were paying real money for just in-game content. But you actually get physical figurines with this in addition to the features it does in the game.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#20ShankspearePosted 9/4/2013 7:09:59 PM
LMAO. TC tell us why you are really mad.