How hard is Monster Hunter 3 to get into for someone who's never played it?

#1enigma2274Posted 9/4/2013 10:46:57 PM
Never really been a big grinder, so is this game just not for me? Or is there more to it than that? It says over 200 quests...how repetitive are they?
Thanks in advance.
---
---
PS3: Killer Is Dead WiiU: Zombiu, Pikmen 3, LoZ Skyward Sword
#2TalentedMPosted 9/4/2013 10:48:02 PM
Go to area.
Hunt monsters.

Pretty much those 2 steps for the entire game.

(And it is fun as hell to do)
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3thejectPosted 9/4/2013 10:49:25 PM
enigma2274 posted...
Never really been a big grinder, so is this game just not for me? Or is there more to it than that? It says over 200 quests...how repetitive are they?
Thanks in advance.
---

Going off Tri, it's not for everyone.

If you hate grinding, rent it or borrow it first and see if you'd like it but for the most part it's a hunting game which is 90% farming, granted monsters are all over while farming so youre fighting and farming and grinding a lot. 10% crafting and other bs.

It's still fun though, so again, if you might like it, rent or borrow first.
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/4/2013 10:51:01 PM
Its very hard... You are going to struggle like hell against the Quropeco.

My suggestion is exploring the arsenal and see what weapon suits your playstyle. I know a lot of people try to start with the GS and its often a bad idea. Its a really slow weapon that requires patience, understanding of enemy patterns and openings and a good nerve.

Lance is a good place to start as is the sword and shield, which is the only weapon to allow you to use items as you fight. Dual Swords are also spammy if you are use to that kind of thing.

If you get the game and want to play together, I can show you the ropes. Its much easier once someone explains and shows you the mechanics online. I haven't touched my account for awhile since I grabbed all the G Alatreon gear I wanted.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 9/4/2013 10:54:35 PM
Don't like grinding or repetition? Then pretty hard considering it's like no fun
#6Kiro_namiPosted 9/4/2013 11:03:43 PM
The controls are biggest hurdle for newcomers. A lot of people are put off by the controls at first. With enough practice the controls become second nature. It can be grind heavy but it ultimately comes down to luck, some people have better luck than others. Lastly, there is a skill for almost anything in the game which basically allows you to get creative with armor.

Want more quest rewards? Get the good luck skill.
Tired of having a long eating animation? Try the speed eating skill.
Having a hard time dodging? Get the evasion skill.

Hope this helps.
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#7enigma2274(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 11:18:54 PM
Yeah, maybe I'll give it a rent. Sounds like it could be fun. Just got my Wii U a couple weeks ago and looking for new games.
---
---
PS3: Killer Is Dead WiiU: Zombiu, Pikmen 3, Rayman Legends, LoZ Skyward Sword
#8JohnColtrane64Posted 9/5/2013 2:29:18 AM
If yo're not into grinding don't buy it. The game is all about grinding, leveling up leveling up etc. Amazing game, but you'd have to commit to it
#9The13DoctorsPosted 9/5/2013 2:39:18 AM
Well I may not have the answer you are looking for but; I had never played the series but I saw the demo on the eShop and decided to download it. I played for 3 minutes and was having a blast trying to find that monster. Only downfall were the controls and it being single analog but that's a non-issue with the Wii U. I'd definitely recommend it, even though I only played for about 15 minutes, or however long the demo was. it will be a day one purchase when I get my WWHD Bundle.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#10Craig--aPosted 9/5/2013 2:45:38 AM
MH3U is the best game on the Wii U in my opinion.

Its probably the easiest monster hunter and it has tons of additional stuff over Tri so I if you want to play a MH game this is a good one to start.

If you dont like grinding I dont know if this will be for you though as you pretty much just kill the same things over and over again until you can make its armour/weapon then move on to the next big monster.

If you do get it remember its a multiplayer game! You are supposed to play with 4 people so get online or get some friends with the 3DS version :)