Wonderful 101 Isn't selling well

#1s2goodPosted 9/5/2013 2:24:21 AM(edited)
Oh dear Nintendo.

http://kotaku.com/sales-of-the-wonderful-101-in-japan-are-not-very-wonder-1255660729
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered
#2wingo84Posted 9/5/2013 2:29:16 AM
It's a shame... The game is rather amazing.

I blame Nintendos inability to be able to advertise this console and it's games properly
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#3s2good(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 2:32:43 AM
wingo84 posted...
It's a shame... The game is rather amazing.

I blame Nintendos inability to be able to advertise this console and it's games properly

I've seen zero advertising on TV for the console in UK. It's crazy tbf.
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered
#4senelcoolidge_Posted 9/5/2013 2:36:27 AM
I guess that doesn't count digital sales? I'm sure that promotion in Japan and Europe had to push most of the sales with it being a great deal and all.
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#5gamersince1993Posted 9/5/2013 2:40:51 AM
nintendo only likes to market their own games,like if mario needs any more commercials.hes so famous by now. w101 is really good it needed the commercials.
#6senelcoolidge_Posted 9/5/2013 2:43:44 AM
gamersince1993 posted...
nintendo only likes to market their own games,like if mario needs any more commercials.hes so famous by now. w101 is really good it needed the commercials.

I actually cannot tell you the last time Mario had a commercial.
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#7KwizxxPosted 9/5/2013 2:45:03 AM
I have seen maybe one pikmin commercial here in the states, and that's the only thing I've seen that is WiiU related on TV ever since it came out.

I wonder why they're so quiet on everything for the console.
#8Glem3Posted 9/5/2013 2:51:03 AM
Kwizxx posted...
I have seen maybe one pikmin commercial here in the states, and that's the only thing I've seen that is WiiU related on TV ever since it came out.

I wonder why they're so quiet on everything for the console.

I'm kind of hoping they're purposefully keeping things quiet so they can effectively re-launch the console with the others this fall (maybe with some re-branding? Or a new ad campaign all together)... at least, I really hope so.
#9The13DoctorsPosted 9/5/2013 3:14:30 AM
We know.

How about we give it time, for it to come out in all regions, and let it stretch its legs. It's a niche title, like a baby, you can't expect it to be sprinting a marathon while still connected to the umbilical cord.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#10thefabregas22Posted 9/5/2013 3:24:51 AM
The13Doctors posted...
We know.

How about we give it time, for it to come out in all regions, and let it stretch its legs. It's a niche title, like a baby, you can't expect it to be sprinting a marathon while still connected to the umbilical cord.

I don't think sales are really going to pick up.

It's the best game of this gen and no one is buying it :(0
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy