Wii games won't load on my Wii U.

#1NewlyTimidMagePosted 9/5/2013 9:00:38 AM
I go to the Wii menu to play Super Smash Bros Brawl, and when I press Play Game, the screen goes dark and the game wouldn't load. Same problem with Metroid Prime Trilogy. At first I thought something was wrong with the disk player, so I went back to the Wii U menu to play Pikmin 3. It worked perfectly fine. Any suggestions?
---
FC: 3265-5278-7257
#2T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 9/5/2013 9:03:01 AM
Call Nintendo.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#3ssbmrocksPosted 9/5/2013 9:19:47 AM
Dumb question, but you didn't put the disc in backwards, did you? Just had to ask.

Did you try other games, or just those 2? Has your Wii U played Wii games before, or was this your first time trying it?
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#4wugeezyPosted 9/5/2013 9:23:01 AM
If I'm not mistaken, those 2 games are dual layer dvd games. I heard some wii's had issues playing dual layered dvd games. Some people with the wii u also have had this issue. Call nintendo.
#5NewlyTimidMage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 9:39:53 AM
ssbmrocks posted...
Dumb question, but you didn't put the disc in backwards, did you? Just had to ask.

Did you try other games, or just those 2? Has your Wii U played Wii games before, or was this your first time trying it?

I have played these two games on my wii u before, this started happening yesterday. Also, they're not put in backwards, i checked to make sure.
---
FC: 3265-5278-7257
#6MikeisapoetPosted 9/5/2013 9:54:40 AM
The drive in the Wii U is different than the Wii, so sometimes reading Dual Layered discs is a pain for it to do. Which both of those games are. Call em up and see what they can do about it.
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.
#7DrumguyPosted 9/5/2013 10:30:07 AM
I don't think it's all dual-layered discs, is it?

My Wii U played Metroid: Other M just fine.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#8oOo_SOX_oOoPosted 9/5/2013 10:31:29 AM
Mario Kart Wii loads on my Wii but gets an error on my Wii U. Its annoying.....
---
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ
#9Maverick_ReznorPosted 9/5/2013 11:08:46 AM
NewlyTimidMage posted...
ssbmrocks posted...

I have played these two games on my wii u before, this started happening yesterday. Also, they're not put in backwards, i checked to make sure.

make sure your discs are clean, sometimes handprints magically appear on em (seriously i swear its magical cause i dont even touch the thing and crud gets on it mysteriously)
#10MilesTeg420Posted 9/5/2013 11:11:51 AM
Came in expecting dual layer discs. Left satisfied.