Over 61% of Nintendo's Q2 US game sales were downloaded products.

#1TransdudePosted 9/5/2013 11:11:33 AM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/over_61_percent_of_q2_game_sales_in_the_us_were_from_download_products
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#2MilesTeg420Posted 9/5/2013 11:12:33 AM
Actually that's not Nintendo but the whole industry.
#3NCPwnPosted 9/5/2013 11:12:55 AM
Sounds about right. The future is digital downloads. I don't know why some have taken a huge stance, but I embrace it.

ALSO, VC games > new Wii/Wii-U games, so theres that too.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 11:15:40 AM(edited)
That'll be why Nintendo's pushing the eShop platforms, then

It still is kind of mind-boggling then that with such a focus on digital transactions that they opted for a more expensive, tiny storage option than a cheaper and larger hard drive, as well as the eShop not featuring things like demos for games that appear on competing download services.

I guess that they have their mind set on the right goal but I question the execution of the methods.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#5MilesTeg420Posted 9/5/2013 11:19:13 AM
Again this is entire industry sales. I would actually bet that Nintendo was more towards physical since they had big releases on 3DS while for the most part on consoles it was a very dry quarter outside Last of Us.
#6ShankspearePosted 9/5/2013 11:19:37 AM
NovaLevossida posted...

It still is kind of mind-boggling then that with such a focus on digital transactions that they opted for a more expensive, tiny storage option than a cheaper and larger hard drive, as well as the eShop not featuring things like demos for games that appear on competing download services.

I guess that they have their mind set on the right goal but I question the execution of the methods.

I was under the impression that isn't the issue as much as fluid online account.
#7ShankspearePosted 9/5/2013 11:21:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8ShankspearePosted 9/5/2013 11:22:11 AM
But yeah it is interesting is probably why they have gotten rid of the basic model. I don't understand why they did this with the Wii U and why Sony is doing basically something equally as dumb with the Vita with the awesome cross buy feature being one of its main selling points....
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 11:24:07 AM(edited)
Shankspeare posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

I was under the impression that isn't the issue as much as fluid online account.

It's not really so much of an "issue" as it is an oddity between their digital software focus and the hardware limitations in storage. There's just a big disconnect there. The account deal is an actual issue though.

Oh, also, the demos. I think in 10 months of being released, there's only 10 demos up. That's a section of the eShop being vastly underused.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#10DiscostewSMPosted 9/5/2013 11:36:21 AM
NovaLevossida posted...

It costs more to get an HDD from a company that doesn't manufacture them than it is to buy one yourself. Another reason why they didn't go with an actual physical HDD is because Nintendo is probably concerned about moving parts, the space it would have taken up, and energy usage.

They're making a push now for it, but the increase of digital purchases on consoles has only been recently. It takes years to develop a console, and back then, digital wasn't the focus on needing a large internal drive. That was set aside for installation of physical games. It's why they made ext HDDs an option, should digital not have taken off as it has.

That's my opinion on the matter.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project