I seriously wish that nintendo would have made the system differently...

#1kingbadjoPosted 9/5/2013 4:19:33 PM
Yo I'm a PC gamer but always go with Nintendo when it comes to the consoles, and imo the WiiU *currently* Is a missed opportunity.. and I wish that they would have changed some things. some VERY BASC things.

What I wished they changed is not the power/tech (if you really care about tech you stfu and get a PC and stop bragging about being second place with ps4/xb1 tech), and not the gamepad, something that I personally love). but...

1) The lack of online focus: I'e been playing games for a long time and do not require online games but the thing I feel nintendo does not realize.. is that MANY PEOPLE DO! If people want it than freaking MAKE IT! Out of their big games this year NONE of them support online multiplayer. They need to get out of the past and see that many "new" gamers find this as important!

2) The account system: I know that they are working on it and are "working things out but SERIOUSLY!? This type of stuff is so old it's ridiculous that they are still figuring it out! Not only that but they've got the frigging 3ds on their side. They can do some AMAZING stuff.

3)Achievements: Many people here are against it (honestly I think they are only against it because they don't have it) but achievements imo are great and fun. They push you to do things that you wouldn't ordinarily do in a game and in a way makes you experience some games FULLY. it's also optional. I'd love to have them.

4)what the guy at bethesda said a few days ago: How nintendo did not make their system with 3rd parties in mind and basically just said "Hey here is our system, make games for it." I think nintendo does not realize that if they wanted to completely destroy xb and ps... they just need 3rd party support. Simple.

Imagine What would happen if nintendo had as much 3rd party support as the ps/xb?? It would be disgusting to watch what nintendo would do to them! Because nintendos 1st party AND 3rd party games against ps/xb1 first and 3rd party games?? ps/xb fisrt party games (the 5 of them) cannot stand their own against nintendo's mario, zelda metroid.

Advertise: WHY DO THEY NOT DO THIS!!! ESPECIALLY NOW THAT GAMES ARE OUT!! I'VE SEEN LIKE 2 TV COMMERCIALS!!! instead of advertising on youtube....PUT IT ON TV!!!

Nintendo is not taking advantage of what they have. And I think they need new management. They don't need mature games or high end tech.

They can keep everything the same and just ad the few things I mentioned and take over but it may be too late... oh well, i'll still enjoy my PC/wiiU combo though. BUT THEY SERIOUSLY NEED TO GET WITH THE TIMES!!!
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2Warmonger222Posted 9/5/2013 4:31:20 PM
kingbadjo posted...
1) The lack of online focus: I'e been playing games for a long time and do not require online games but the thing I feel nintendo does not realize.. is that MANY PEOPLE DO! If people want it than freaking MAKE IT! Out of their big games this year NONE of them support online multiplayer. They need to get out of the past and see that many "new" gamers find this as important!

Agreed. Nintendo fans need to stop acting like a good online infrastructure is a bad thing. And also that online somehow ruins everything about a game or that saying a multiplayer focused game should have it is the equivalent of saying "EVERY GAME NEED ONLINE PLAY!!!11!1". I for one hope to see Party chat and game invites come to Wii U (from the friends list)

2) The account system: I know that they are working on it and are "working things out but SERIOUSLY!? This type of stuff is so old it's ridiculous that they are still figuring it out! Not only that but they've got the frigging 3ds on their side. They can do some AMAZING stuff.

3)Achievements: Many people here are against it (honestly I think they are only against it because they don't have it) but achievements imo are great and fun. They push you to do things that you wouldn't ordinarily do in a game and in a way makes you experience some games FULLY. it's also optional. I'd love to have them.

Meh. I couldnt care less about either of those. I think people make a way too big deal out of both. The main reason I'm against achievements is because it brings about achievement whores, which I think take away from the fun.

4)what the guy at bethesda said a few days ago: How nintendo did not make their system with 3rd parties in mind and basically just said "Hey here is our system, make games for it." I think nintendo does not realize that if they wanted to completely destroy xb and ps... they just need 3rd party support. Simple.

Pretty sure they did. I think they made a pretty big deal about it actually. Bethesda just didn't show up and is mad that Nintendo didn't chase after them.

Advertise: WHY DO THEY NOT DO THIS!!! ESPECIALLY NOW THAT GAMES ARE OUT!! I'VE SEEN LIKE 2 TV COMMERCIALS!!! instead of advertising on youtube....PUT IT ON TV!!!

Agreed. This is the main reason the Wii U isn't selling. Not its library, although that is part of the reason. People don't know that the thing exists. Its pretty stupid really.
---
Sega is what EAin't - Crazy_Tank51 NNID: DAmieba
3DS FC: 1719-4333-5300 PM me yours if you play Luigis Mansion or Kid Icarus
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 4:36:22 PM
1. It needs to be a focus. The Crew dev called last gen the HD generation (which Nintendo wasn't in HD for) and he called this gen the online generation (which Nintendo is still not embracing as it should). Local multiplayer can exist side by side with online multiplayer; no need to make compromises.

2. Agreed.

3. Agreed. When both your major competitors in the console field have it, when Steam implements it, and MMOs feature an achievement system, it might be a good idea to follow an industry standard.

4. I understand that they appealed to some, but it looks like it wasn't as widespread as it should have been.

Advertisement: I agree. Nintendo Directs are only going to be watched by Nintendo fans. Trailers at E3 and other shows along with the rare TV ad like for Pikmin 3 can only do so much.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#4macapalaPosted 9/5/2013 5:10:01 PM(edited)
kingbadjo posted...
Yo I'm a PC gamer but always go with Nintendo when it comes to the consoles, and imo the WiiU *currently* Is a missed opportunity.. and I wish that they would have changed some things. some VERY BASC things.

What I wished they changed is not the power/tech (if you really care about tech you stfu and get a PC and stop bragging about being second place with ps4/xb1 tech), and not the gamepad, something that I personally love). but...

Online gaming isn't a huge thing for me, but I have to agree with you. Nintendo need to get up off their a$$ and improve their online experience for the people who want it.

Again, I agree. Nintendo's lack of an online account system in this day and age is pathetic.

Nothing against achievements, but developers need to come up with more interesting achievements than; "congratulations! You completed the tutorial level! Well done!

This I do not agree with. The PS4 and X1 are becoming more and more like PC's, they are losing the uniqueness of console gaming. Nintendo still shines strong in this department, they can still offer a unique experience you cannot find on PC's or any other console. I don't want Nintendo to create their consoles the way 3rd party developers want. That would kill any uniqueness Nintendo consoles have.

Nothing against PC gaming BTW.

Imagine What would happen if nintendo had as much 3rd party support as the ps/xb?? It would be disgusting to watch what nintendo would do to them! Because nintendos 1st party AND 3rd party games against ps/xb1 first and 3rd party games?? ps/xb fisrt party games (the 5 of them) cannot stand their own against nintendo's mario, zelda metroid.

Would you advertise your console when it is going through a game drought? Once more games become available for the Wii U I'm sure Nintendo will advertise it more.

Nintendo is not taking advantage of what they have. And I think they need new management. They don't need mature games or high end tech.

---
"If god doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian
#5segagamerPosted 9/5/2013 5:11:32 PM
1. Nintendo should have more online in their games. I love how each game has a social community though, with cute drawings and screenshots. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

2. They are working on the account system, thank god. With the Xbox Live Arcade guy, it should be no problemo.

3. Achievements? Meh. In game unlockables suffice just fine.

4. Bethesda probably said that because they want PS4 to be powerful like a PC, the only platform their games work best on. Is development a little complicated? Idk, but Indies can port their games very easily now, thanks to the new tool Nintendo provided.

Thank you for not mentioning power TC, there are too many of those topics, and things like the Garden tech demo (which was done in real time, and people could change the weather while it was playing), prove that the wii u has potential as a more powerful system than people give credit.
#6The13DoctorsPosted 9/5/2013 5:15:03 PM
Stopped reading at the word Bethesda.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#7Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 9/5/2013 5:38:59 PM
The13Doctors posted...
Stopped reading at the word Bethesda.

So you ignore some pretty valid points?

Awesome.

Can't say I agree with this topic line for line, but I understand the sentiment.

I for one do wish, going against TC, that it was more powerful, solely because that will go hand in hand with 3rd party support in the future.

The gamepad is a great concept, but seems like it came to soon to be put to proper use. What I think they should have done was have the Wii U release with an enhanced version of Wii Motion+, and be bundled with the Pro Controller as well, with extra emphasis on it as well. Save the tablet for the 9th gen, somewhere around 2017-2018. That way, they could have released it with better streaming, multi-touch, and a proper 720p screen for a much more affordable price relative to the cost of the console components.

It could have also been more accurate as a whole, and even came with a small bit of onboard memory and a CPU of it's own to help process streaming for multiple controllers.

That way, instead of the Wii U being 2x (At best) the Ps3/360, it could have been in the 3.5-5x range. Strong enough to easily run multiplats in 720p with enhanced effects and better framerate, and enough to keep up with the Ps4/XB1 for a few years.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#8kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 9:56:27 PM
Is all what 3rd party developers want higher specs? If so than I think Nintendo shouldn't do it. I like how affordable their systems are and specs aren't that important. It sucks though that it costs them 3rd party games.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#9nonexistingheroPosted 9/6/2013 1:06:29 AM(edited)
I disagree about achievements. In individual games it's fine. But a general achievement system is horrible. It encourages adding achievements just for the hell of it, you're not accomplishing anything with it and the rewards are often just not worthwhile. Exploring the game fully? That will happen if the game is fun enough, with or without achievements.

Achievements in games like Xenoblade, The Wonderful 101 and Mega Man 9/10 (the in-game ones), Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kid Icarus: Uprising and more, all add to the experience. Thing is, if you add an individual achievement system, it forces the developers to think about the achievements. People won't go after them unless they're worthwhile. But with a generalized achievement system... people will often just do them because it'll look better on their profile. Rather than the game being fun in itself to do that, it abuses OCD traits people have.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10TalentedMPosted 9/6/2013 1:18:29 AM
All of the things you listed have nothing to do with the way the system is made. More along the lines of the way the OS operates. Which, honestly, can be changed.

I agree though, just the topic isn't what I thought I was going to see. Which is a good thing, I am personally tired of people talking about power being a main factor. Though it could be because I am a PC gamer myself :D.

Of all of them the one thing I hope they do is get the account system going. The rest would be nice but really that is the main thing holding the system back between the others and I hope they really are getting on it and not just dicking around.

Online games will come, but I am on the fence with it. I don't want to force online on games just to have it tacked on and be either messy or an afterthought, of which games like Mario Kart and SSB it makes sense, I don't want to force them into something they didn't feel was the reason they created the game. So on one end I want them to embrace online gaming, but I don't want them to add it just because some people say to do it, they are "artists" you know... I really do believe that they have a vision and they find the best way to bring it to their customers and to ruin that just seems sad because I want to play a Mario game over the internet (which I don't want to...).

Achievements are just a "meh" thing with me. Not a huge fan, was before with my 360 but after a while I was wondering why I was playing the game just to get a fake score and once I stopped I found myself enjoying the game more for the gameplay and focus of the game instead of the fake goals they added (of which just seem to be handed to you anyways).

I wouldn't take a lot of the things said online as truth. I have heard great things from devs about Nintendo and their willingness to help them. Then some say stuff like what Beth says and it goes against what everyone else has been saying - So with a grain of salt I guess.

I hear ya though, I hope there are some games they make with an online focus, achievement system for those who want it and a new account system.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity