Rayman Legends' GS review is great proof of GS' bias.

#1VyersPosted 9/5/2013 10:49:25 PM
Generally, I find some of the GS criticism, that they are anti-Nintendo, to be a bit reactionary. However, the criticism of the Wii U version seems to seem to be entirely based around "I hate touch controls!" However, from what I've seen, Rayman Legends on PS3 and Xbox 360, in any level where the levels are made into normal levels, the replication of the touch controls feels very, very rushed.

That being said, I think it's important that Ubisoft went multi-plat; however, they did a poor job of making the controls worked. They should have worked harder to make the levels simply normal, without any evidence of touch controls, if they were going to make the effort at all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2GoldenJoe24Posted 9/5/2013 10:51:31 PM
Was the review as bad as your run-on sentences?
#3Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:52:44 PM
Run-on sentences are a bad thing. Would you care to improve the sentences yourself, sir, to show the errors of my way?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#4RahzarXPosted 9/5/2013 11:01:19 PM
Vyers posted...
Run-on sentences are a bad thing. Would you care to improve the sentences yourself, sir, to show the errors of my way?

Generally I find some of the GS criticisms are anti-Nintendo. The critique of the Wii U version seems to be entirely based around "I hate touch controls!" However (from what I've seen) the touch controlled levels on the 360 and Ps3 feel rushed.

That being said, I think it's important that Ubisoft went multi-plat; however, they did a poor job of making the controls work. They should've worked harder and remove the touch parts entirely if they were going to make the effort at all.

You're welcome.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 11:07:28 PM(edited)
1. There was a pause after generally. Therefore, a comma was necessary.

2. Read more, Rahzar. My statement was that the general criticisms of GS for being anti-Nintendo were reactionary, and your fix somehow made my statement to not even be relevant to the topic. Therefore, the exclusion of the first "however" damaged the statement, as it intended to demonstrate this as an exceptional case.

3. You removed the reasons why the PS3 and 360 versions felt rushed. Your version is especially designed for people who understand the differences, while my version can be understood by anyone.

4. Your grammar in the last sentence left me wanting; it should have been "removed".
---
#6GoldenJoe24Posted 9/5/2013 11:12:30 PM
RahzarX posted...
Vyers posted...

Generally I find some of the GS criticisms are anti-Nintendo. The critique of the Wii U version seems to be entirely based around "I hate touch controls!" However (from what I've seen) the touch controlled levels on the 360 and Ps3 feel rushed.

That being said, I think it's important that Ubisoft went multi-plat; however, they did a poor job of making the controls work. They should've worked harder and remove the touch parts entirely if they were going to make the effort at all.

You're welcome.

You're way too kind. I would have just told him that he uses commas like a jrpg protagonist uses ellipses.
#7chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/5/2013 11:13:36 PM
All you need to do is see that Tom McShea wrote the review and you can just stop reading there.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#8RahzarXPosted 9/5/2013 11:14:50 PM
Vyers posted...
1. There was a pause after generally. Therefore, a comma was necessary.

2. Read more, Rahzar. My statement was that the general criticisms of GS for being anti-Nintendo were reactionary, and your fix somehow made my statement to not even be relevant to the topic. Therefore, the exclusion of the first "however" damaged the statement, as it intended to demonstrate this as an exceptional case.

3. You removed the reasons why the PS3 and 360 versions felt rushed. Your version is especially designed for people who understand the differences, while my version can be understood by anyone.

4. Your grammar in the last sentence left me wanting; it should have been "removed".

Listen, you're wrong on all 4 points.

Your hilarious first version was riddled with silly errors that the built-in Gamefaqs spellchecker could've solved for you.

1. Just because you pause in your speech, does not mean a comma is needed in your grammar.

2. Everything you say is reactionary, you do not need to state the obvious. Redundancy and such.

3. Everyone understands the difference. See above.

4. Missing the "d" in "Removed" was a spelling mistake.

5,6,7,8,>9000. I'm an English major.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#9Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 11:18:26 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Vyers posted...

You're welcome.

You're way too kind. I would have just told him that he uses commas like a jrpg protagonist uses ellipses.

Well, first off, JRPG is all caps, not all lowercase.

Secondly, it doesn't surprise me that you would overlook a clear grammatical error that anyone would pick out. Nor does it surprise me that you couldn't identify removal and alteration of necessary information. 'Dat unfounded arrogance.
---
#10RahzarXPosted 9/5/2013 11:24:40 PM
Vyers posted...
GoldenJoe24 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Vyers posted...

You're welcome.

Well, first off, JRPG is all caps, not all lowercase.

Secondly, it doesn't surprise me that you would overlook a clear grammatical error that anyone would pick out. Nor does it surprise me that you couldn't identify removal and alteration of necessary information. 'Dat unfounded arrogance.

You just started a sentence with "Nor". You can drop everything and walk away now.

Let me help you out.

"In grammar, a conjunction (abbreviated conj or cnj) is a part of speech that connects two words, sentences, phrases or clauses."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_conjunction
---