Rayman Legends' GS review is great proof of GS' bias.

#41phy2jshPosted 9/5/2013 11:45:18 PM
RahzarX posted...
phy2jsh posted...
I hate to get involved in a grammar argument on Gamefaqs, but I do get irritated by the ill-informed grammar police.

There were no run-on sentences in the OP. Some sentences were, perhaps, overly wordy, but they were all technically correct.

Comma usage was all technically correct - either parenthetical, or to separate an adverb. It's perfectly acceptable to put a comma after 'generally', for example, as it fits into both these categories.

Of course, there is no absolutely correct way to use grammar, but this is precisely why it's annoying to see an 'English Major' claiming his/her way is the only way - especially when some of his/her corrections were plain wrong.

Use, another, comma, brah.

Go to sleep.

Ah, I've been victim to a troll. Shame on me for not keeping quiet.
#42Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 11:45:56 PM
RahzarX posted...
Vyers posted...
Rahzar, that was too many commas.

I talk like Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle.

When did he ever say brah? Non-canon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#43Purging_FlamePosted 9/6/2013 2:45:01 AM
RahzarX posted...
Vyers posted...
RahzarX posted...
I'm lonely.

How bout dem Gamespots eh? Biased and stuff.

This thread wasn't really about that. It took the approach that GameSpot was not as biased as claimed.

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Vyers. Vyers is a poster from the Gamefaqs forums. But Vyers believes Gamespot is not as biased as one would believe. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Look, it's a monkey! Look at the silly monkey!
---
Failing at life this hard should be a ToS violation. - TennCaseys Encore
if you have standards it just lowers the amount of stuff you can enjoy. - yusiko
#44MichaelDeAngeloPosted 9/6/2013 3:53:49 AM
Quick everyone! Let's whip out our grammar peens and measure!
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#45Darkside_ShadowPosted 9/6/2013 3:59:52 AM
Touch controls can go to hell

Was just lying in my couch to play some Splinter Cell on the Gamepad. Have the Touch controls "deactivated" But still have to freaking use the gyro to control some sniper drone. When it could be done, and done better with the control sticks. wtf!?!

Im done with this console.
#46FayeLadyPosted 9/6/2013 4:06:23 AM
Seems the problems with the Wii U version go away if they just patch in the option to use traditional controls.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#47melbye80Posted 9/6/2013 4:11:02 AM
I find this topic hilarious. The second poster didn't like what the OP said about Gamespot, but didn't have any arguments so instead he starts attacking the dude's grammar
#48Tino_Tonitini2Posted 9/6/2013 4:17:49 AM
phy2jsh posted...
I hate to get involved in a grammar argument on Gamefaqs, but I do get irritated by the ill-informed grammar police.

There were no run-on sentences in the OP. Some sentences were, perhaps, overly wordy, but they were all technically correct.

Comma usage was all technically correct - either parenthetical, or to separate an adverb. It's perfectly acceptable to put a comma after 'generally', for example, as it fits into both these categories.

This. Vyer's use of punctuation is fine and there are no run-on sentences.

The only mistake he (she?) made in the initial post was:

However, the criticism of the Wii U version seems to seem to be entirely based around "I hate touch controls!"

Anyway...

I think a good way to determine whether or not GameSpot (or perhaps more specifically Tom McShea) has an anti-Nintendo bias is to see how they review the Vita version. The Vita version essentially has the same touch-based controls as the Wii U one (although it's unclear to me if the Rear Touch pad is optional or not). If they (or he) is okay with them on the Vita, then there might be some prejudice there. Unfortunately, GameSpot hasn't reviewed the Vita version.
#49FayeLadyPosted 9/6/2013 4:30:00 AM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
phy2jsh posted...

This. Vyer's use of punctuation is fine and there are no run-on sentences.

The only mistake he (she?) made in the initial post was:

However, the criticism of the Wii U version seems to seem to be entirely based around "I hate touch controls!"

Anyway...

I think a good way to determine whether or not GameSpot (or perhaps more specifically Tom McShea) has an anti-Nintendo bias is to see how they review the Vita version. The Vita version essentially has the same touch-based controls as the Wii U one (although it's unclear to me if the Rear Touch pad is optional or not). If they (or he) is okay with them on the Vita, then there might be some prejudice there. Unfortunately, GameSpot hasn't reviewed the Vita version.

Or if the touch controls are optional on Vita, that gives it an edge over the other versions.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#50Rasputin77Posted 9/6/2013 4:50:08 AM
RahzarX posted...
5,6,7,8,>9000. I'm an English major.

And yet... in your "fix", you completely omitted the observation of criticisms being reactionary... an unnecessary edit in the very first sentence! And you can't just say "Whuuu, everything's a 'reaction' to something" - nice try. The point here is that anti-Nintendo bias is part of GS's character as an institution (in TC's eyes), and therefore, reactionary.

Speaking of 9,000... I'm an ISO 9001 Quality Auditor. Now, is it your turn to not give a f*** about qualifications? ;)

Sorry - I'll let the nerd battles continue. AND ANY review has 'bias'... learning to discern between objective and subjective data is not only a simple exercise, but key in getting the most out of reviews.
---
I visit the Wii U board as a reminder to purchase and enthusiastically use prophylactics.