Rayman Legends' GS review is great proof of GS' bias.

#51ChiBear_downPosted 9/6/2013 11:40:08 AM
Vyers posted...
1. There was a pause after generally. Therefore, a comma was necessary.

2. Read more, Rahzar. My statement was that the general criticisms of GS for being anti-Nintendo were reactionary, and your fix somehow made my statement to not even be relevant to the topic. Therefore, the exclusion of the first "however" damaged the statement, as it intended to demonstrate this as an exceptional case.

3. You removed the reasons why the PS3 and 360 versions felt rushed. Your version is especially designed for people who understand the differences, while my version can be understood by anyone.

4. Your grammar in the last sentence left me wanting; it should have been "removed".

In your fourth point, the period should be included in the quotation. Just saiyan'.
---
FGoAT--> 1.Z:MM 2.MPrime 3.Z:WW 4.Crash B 5.Rayman
SSB4 want list --> 1.Majora 2.Mask Link 3.Tetra 4.Rayman 5.Crash
#52SagadegoPosted 9/6/2013 11:43:20 AM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
All you need to do is see that Tom McShea wrote the review and you can just stop reading there.

---
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 1/star ocean 1st departure (psp) Xenoblade(wii)
#53ZerothmaPosted 9/6/2013 11:51:23 AM
This topic is so biased against grammar.
---
Cleaning up inaccuracies on the internet, one idiot at a time.
"A delayed game is eventually good, while a bad game is bad forever."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#54RahzarXPosted 9/6/2013 3:45:00 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
RahzarX posted...
5,6,7,8,>9000. I'm an English major.

And yet... in your "fix", you completely omitted the observation of criticisms being reactionary... an unnecessary edit in the very first sentence! And you can't just say "Whuuu, everything's a 'reaction' to something" - nice try. The point here is that anti-Nintendo bias is part of GS's character as an institution (in TC's eyes), and therefore, reactionary.

Speaking of 9,000... I'm an ISO 9001 Quality Auditor. Now, is it your turn to not give a f*** about qualifications? ;)

Sorry - I'll let the nerd battles continue. AND ANY review has 'bias'... learning to discern between objective and subjective data is not only a simple exercise, but key in getting the most out of reviews.

If only you actually knew how to use the word reactionary appropriately.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reactionary?s=t
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#55arvilinoPosted 9/6/2013 3:56:46 PM
Vyers posted...
Generally, I find some of the GS criticism, that they are anti-Nintendo, to be a bit reactionary. However, the criticism of the Wii U version seems to seem to be entirely based around "I hate touch controls!" However, from what I've seen, Rayman Legends on PS3 and Xbox 360, in any level where the levels are made into normal levels, the replication of the touch controls feels very, very rushed.

It's not really that reactionary when outside of games that they literally can't get away with it, they practically have 8.5 as a ceiling for Nintendo game scores.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#56tizzywilkillyouPosted 9/6/2013 4:06:01 PM
RahzarX posted...
PaladinAlik posted...
ITT: We focus on grammar so we don't have to talk about Gamespot's clear and present bias

Gamespot has been bias for years.

TC is just so incredibly incompetent that I had to go out of my way to help him down the long, dusty road of loneliness.

Gamespot has been BIASED for years. BIASED. Not BIAS.

Come on man! You have the nerve to correct this guy from your high horse, while making a very basic error yourself??

For shame.
#57ShankspearePosted 9/6/2013 4:07:12 PM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Touch controls can go to hell

Was just lying in my couch to play some Splinter Cell on the Gamepad. Have the Touch controls "deactivated" But still have to freaking use the gyro to control some sniper drone. When it could be done, and done better with the control sticks. wtf!?!

Im done with this console.

Okay...you can turn that off as well. Something tells me you are going to say something about how you shouldn't have to....I'll buy it from you for 175...