I just thought of an excellent use of the gamepad.

#1JimmyWordnessPosted 9/5/2013 10:18:51 PM
What if they put a map on the screen?
---
AdamLaz
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 10:34:16 PM
On a serious note, I cringe every time someone suggests putting elements of the HUD on there.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#3JimmyWordness(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:35:29 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
On a serious note, I cringe every time someone suggests putting elements of the HUD on there.

But just think of how much space that clears up on the main screen!
---
AdamLaz
#4SalsaSavantPosted 9/5/2013 10:37:56 PM
JimmyWordness posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

This.

Maybe you could toggle it on/off., but I would use a map pad.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 10:44:44 PM
JimmyWordness posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Ah, looking at a separate screen to see your health and ammo. Brings me right back to the late 80s and early 90s... Wait, even Wolfenstein didn't do that. Just what are you up to!?
---
#6JimmyWordness(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:46:30 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
JimmyWordness posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Ah, looking at a separate screen to see your health and ammo. Brings me right back to the late 80s and early 90s... Wait, even Wolfenstein didn't do that. Just what are you up to!?

I'm just suggesting innovative and unique features for the gamepad that will allow the Wii U to have the definitive versions of multi-plat games.

If I can't play Watch Dogs with a map on my lap then I don't want to play it!
---
AdamLaz
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 10:56:30 PM
Well, when you put it that way, since the controller is already in your lap, why shouldn't the map be too? Imagine if you added a compass as a way to mix things up. Or even a sextant for Assassin's Creed 4?
---
#8AdamLazarusoPosted 9/5/2013 11:01:03 PM
Imagine if they added a map/inventory management system combo!

The most fun a girl could have without taking her clothes off, surely?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 11:03:42 PM
Actually, why hasn't anyone made a paperdoll equipment screen yet for this system. I'm talking oldschool Ultima character status screen paperdoll equipment menu. Or am I hinting at something else with paperdolls...?
---
#10TalentedMPosted 9/5/2013 11:09:21 PM(edited)
JimmyWordness posted...
What if they put a map on the screen?

Do you work for Nintendo!? With ideas like that you should totally get into game design!

My idea for a game is a military shooter where you are in a first person view, maybe it can take place during a world war, space war or a terrorist attack! I have had this idea for a really long time and I think it would work.

I would buy it every year if they made my idea. They wouldn't even have to change that much, maybe give me a new gun or whatever. It wouldn't even matter.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity