A new DnD game would be great on the U.

#1SalsaSavantPosted 9/5/2013 10:59:22 PM(edited)
And I'm talking styled after pen-and-paper.

The Dungeon Master can create a custom campaign with lots of settings and customization first.

Then 4 players (or more via online/second pad) can play through the campaign while the DM uses a pad to do his/her usual DM things.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#2gnomelord255Posted 9/5/2013 10:49:11 PM
I remember seeing an iOS app that was able to do this. Or maybe it was on a Microsoft Surface.

Anyway, you could draw up grid based dungeons using set themes, and place monsters and treasure and whatever. Entire 4th edition rules too, no For Dummies version like the Red Box.
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 10:58:13 PM
This actually sounds like a really good use for the asynchronous gameplay of the gamepad.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#4GiygasminionPosted 9/5/2013 11:28:13 PM
I'd buy that.
---
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#5TalentedMPosted 9/5/2013 11:35:04 PM(edited)
I had thought of the same thing. Being able to make entire sessions with the gamepad. Doing dice rolls with the wiimotes for 4 other players and the TV having encounters being shown along with damage and a map made. Maybe even little avatars made in sprites.

If someone was starting/creating something like this it would get my money.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#6IokuaPosted 9/5/2013 11:37:05 PM
I've wanted a game like that since Penny Arcade suggested it a year ago.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.