I wish that more Nintendo games emphasized story.

#1VyersPosted 9/5/2013 11:11:05 PM
Just sayin'
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/5/2013 11:12:52 PM
Apparently Chuggaaconroy is doing Kid Icarus Uprising next. I'm sure he'll wish that game didn't emphasize story so much because he's going to have a hard time commentating over all the talking. :P
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3TalentedMPosted 9/5/2013 11:15:07 PM
Pikmin 3 has a solid story and gameplay to match it along with adding a survival element to it and has done it for 3 games in a row.

W101 has an interesting story in it while maintaining fun gameplay.

SSBB had a great single player story and I don't think I have to say anything about the gameplay of it.

Super Mario Galaxies story was one of the best in the 3D mario series of games and again had gameplay to match.

Star Fox, Metroid, Zelda...

Do I have to keep going?
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#4Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 11:15:23 PM
I never watched Chuggaaconroy(sp?) much; I think I just saw him play Mother 3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 9/5/2013 11:16:14 PM
Nintendo's not too good with stories. I prefer Metroid Prime's approach of a backstory that you discover or Star Fox's approach of comm chatter during gameplay. Zelda doesn't really have a good story to it, but it's in your face a lot, slowing down the gameplay.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#6RahzarXPosted 9/5/2013 11:16:58 PM
I think I can only name 3 or 4 Nintendo titles with a good story.

Metroid Prime
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
Earthbound

Or do you mean internally developed games only?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/5/2013 11:17:18 PM
Yeah, The Wonderful 101 has a surprising amount of emphasis on the story and it's really good.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#8Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 11:18:50 PM
1. Pikmin has always been an interesting story.

2. SSBB had a gross, dumb, boring story. It wasn't even a story, it was just cutscenes.

3. Except elements of Nintendo actually want Galaxy to have basically no story. I'm reminded of Sticker Star mostly when describing how they butcher story at times.

4. Did Star Fox have much story? It has a simple story (a pretty decent one), but the motivation is clearly gameplay.

5. Metroid is a story told through gameplay, and while I love those, it doesn't represent what I'd like to see - something more like Xenoblade, with an epic fantasy. But not Other M.
---
#9Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 11:20:04 PM
RahzarX posted...
I think I can only name 3 or 4 Nintendo titles with a good story.

Metroid Prime
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
Earthbound

Or do you mean internally developed games only?

I would accept anything published by Nintendo, simply because it shows that they value the project. Golden Sun isn't internally developed though.
---
#10IokuaPosted 9/5/2013 11:22:29 PM
TalentedM posted...
Pikmin 3 has a solid story and gameplay to match it along with adding a survival element to it and has done it for 3 games in a row.

W101 has an interesting story in it while maintaining fun gameplay.

SSBB had a great single player story and I don't think I have to say anything about the gameplay of it.

Super Mario Galaxies story was one of the best in the 3D mario series of games and again had gameplay to match.

Star Fox, Metroid, Zelda...

Do I have to keep going?

Drugs are bad, mmm'kay?
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.