Should Zelda U abandon Link as the main character?

#141Tsutarja495Posted 9/7/2013 7:27:23 PM
Let's have this as the new main character in Zelda U:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vweKhVqIXY
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#142RetrowirePosted 9/7/2013 7:54:17 PM
NovaeGamer posted...
Retrowire posted...

Yeah, and a lone hylian boy has never taken on a giant pig demon. And creature named Gorons never ate rocks as a diet! And there was never a Triforce! Sorry, but the rules of realism don't apply to the video game world. Mario can jump almost 5 times his height. He is considered chubby.

Also, intelligence =/= wisdom. Therefore, you can hang around smart men as much as you want, but what wisdom would they ever have to hold to a wise woman?

Yes there is stupidity in both genders, but let me put it this way. The wisest woman, is wiser than the wisest man.

Yep, I agree with intelligence and wisdom being two different (but still very related) things.

But to simply state: "Well, women>men, because they are more wise, cause of stuff...." is.....neither intelligent nor wise

and just because you are stupid and probably know more women that are smart (and wise) doesn't mean that it is an universal truth....

(you would know that if you were intelligent, and your wise female friends would agree with me (if they are wise)

Ha thanks for that input. I never stated I was intelligent though so no worries regarding that issue. The wisest man is one who acknowledges that he doesn't know everything after all.

Meanwhile, the majority on GameFAQs post like they have bloated superiority complexes. Oh well.
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#143bskiffingtonPosted 9/7/2013 7:59:20 PM
This may or may not have been mentioned, as I haven't read the full thread (so sorry if it has) but there was a really good fake rumor years ago before Skyward Sword was released that talked about a Zelda game titled Valley of the Flood which had you playing as someone other than Link who was delusional and believed himself to be the Hero of Time or something. Let me see if I can find the link. The way it was described made it sound like something that would actually be interesting. Other then that, I wouldn't want us not to play as Link. I have no desire to play as Zelda because I don't feel that having Zelda as a playable character would offer anything that Link can't already do (he's had magic before, he uses a sword, what else does Zelda really have?) and Dark Link would be a really silly idea too.

Something I wouldn't mind for a Dark Link kind of idea would be to use him in a way similar to the Link clones in Minish Cap. You can conjure your shadow to help solve puzzlesa, possibly using the GamePad screen to control him, but I'd in no way want to see a game where that would be the main character. That's a bad fanfiction-style plot there.

Anyways, here's the link that I was talking about:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/project-deluge-the-new-zelda.165626165/
#144star_guy_100Posted 9/7/2013 8:05:09 PM
i think itd be very cool to play as zelda. try something new and different. id be pretty excited for the next zelda if they did something like that.
#145thescorpionPosted 9/10/2013 3:45:05 AM
Silbe posted...
What's the chance that throughout all of history, the legendary descendant of the hero of time will always have a *****?

Because the hero of time is caught in the same circle as the goddess Hylia and and the bad guy Demise. It's not "just a title".
There is absolutely no reason for a female Link. If people want to play as a female they should find themselves another game series. Interestingly enough no one argues for a male Zelda or a female Ganondorf.........

But what about the girls who play Legend of Zelda like Robin Williams's daughter, Zelda? Why should they be forced to play as male Link rather than a female Link? Why should they find themselves another game series when they love LOZ if they want to play as a female character?

Pokemon used to have only a male main character but that changed with Crystal when everyone was given the option to choose the gender of the main character and the feature has been a main staple of the main series ever since.

Fire Emblem Awakening also gives us the option to to choose the gender of the main character yet the Sacred Stones only gave you the option of playing as Eirika with no option to play as a guy main character.
---
Looks like they have spilled coffee on the server again.
#146SilbePosted 9/10/2013 6:17:02 AM
But what about the girls who play Legend of Zelda like Robin Williams's daughter, Zelda? Why should they be forced to play as male Link rather than a female Link? Why should they find themselves another game series when they love LOZ if they want to play as a female character?

Pokemon used to have only a male main character but that changed with Crystal when everyone was given the option to choose the gender of the main character and the feature has been a main staple of the main series ever since.

Fire Emblem Awakening also gives us the option to to choose the gender of the main character yet the Sacred Stones only gave you the option of playing as Eirika with no option to play as a guy main character.

Because Link is a male and they should deal with it, just like Lara Croft or Samus Aran are female and people deal with it. I'm female, I deal with it because I don't care as long as the game is good.
Certain games let you choose your gender, like WRPGs and the likes, other do not and focus rather on a preset character. Nothing wrong with that. You can either demand that ALL games must include the choice to choose or you leave it to the game designers. The Zelda games always focused on a mostly fixed set of characters. Nothing in any game could lead to the assumption that the gender of Link, or zelda, The three godessess, Impa or ganondorf is up for debate.
I'd rather the game companies focused on new IPs if they want to have more female protagonists.
---
Steam/PSN:mezzokakerlake/Petz/Lv200/Fighter
Neu:______mezzokakerlake2/Heiji/Lv38/Mage