It's not because the Wii U's hardware is weak; it's because it's not selling

#1BaseChouGokuPosted 9/6/2013 6:27:16 PM
That's why the 3rd party developers are running away.

Did you see them running away from the Wii despite how weak the hardware was? No. That's because the install base was huge. Even if it meant downgrading the Wii 3rd party multiplatform games to poop.

This time around, the Wii U is way more powerful, but that doesn't matter when barely anyone cares to buy it. We're in a Vita situation here. Wake up people...

there
#2FayeLadyPosted 9/6/2013 6:30:37 PM
Its a better situation to be in, cause the hardware isn't changing
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#3LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/6/2013 6:31:49 PM
It's BS, TBQH

PS4 and Xbone have no more guarantee of selling than the Wii U did. If they do sell more it would be because they do have a greater library.

Quite a paradox, isn't it? Console won't sell until it has games, console won't get games until it sells. What's the common denominator? Hmm..maybe the companies that make games? Developers avoiding the Wii U because of sales are full of it and they're part of the problem.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#4segagamerPosted 9/6/2013 6:32:10 PM
I see you forgot the wii game drought.
#5VyersPosted 9/6/2013 6:33:25 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's BS, TBQH

PS4 and Xbone have no more guarantee of selling than the Wii U did. If they do sell more it would be because they do have a greater library.

Quite a paradox, isn't it? Console won't sell until it has games, console won't get games until it sells. What's the common denominator? Hmm..maybe the companies that make games? Developers avoiding the Wii U because of sales are full of it and they're part of the problem.

It's not their job to put themselves at risk to help the Wii U elevate.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 9/6/2013 6:34:05 PM(edited)
segagamer posted...
I see you forgot the wii game drought.

That and the fact that the Wii had less big third party games than the other two systems by far.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#7Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 9/6/2013 6:35:27 PM
Vyers posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's BS, TBQH

Exactly. Nintendo was supposed to make a system seller and they failed.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#8LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/6/2013 6:35:44 PM
Vyers posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's BS, TBQH

That makes zero sense. They're at no less of a risk developing for any other console.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#9VyersPosted 9/6/2013 6:38:27 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Vyers posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's BS, TBQH

That makes zero sense. They're at no less of a risk developing for any other console.

Nintendo has demonstratively failed to elevate the Wii U by itself. PS4 and Xbone have yet to fail.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#10kimaochiPosted 9/6/2013 6:39:55 PM
Because Sony and Microsoft make consoles which appeal to a wider range of developers and genres, unlike Nintendo who has been making consoles for the sake of patenting and promoting some new control scheme that most companies don't want to deal with along with specs that came from yesteryear.