It's not because the Wii U's hardware is weak; it's because it's not selling

#31jairusmonillasPosted 9/7/2013 1:57:40 AM
Actually its both, Wii U's hardware is on par with PS3 and 360, tri cores and 300 something teraflops is very weak if COMPARED to PS4 and X1.
---
All of you, want to be loved... needed by someone, so we look to others... By ourselves, we are lonely, so we try to draw together to live
- Elly [ Xenogears ]
#32nonexistingheroPosted 9/7/2013 2:07:01 AM
I don't see the XO selling any better than the Wii U and 3rd party devs are still flocking towards it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#33ZrorroPosted 9/7/2013 2:10:57 AM
Wii U's problem is not tied to one thing. First it should have been called Wii U. It makes people think its something related to the normal Wii and don't see the difference. Nintendo did a poor job of advertising it to the masses to make aware of what it was and why they should get it. Companies like EA don't want to make games for it because if there isn't a big enough market for its games on Wii U then it won't make the money back from developing a game on it. I mean right now you got like 4 different system types to make games on, PC, PS3's Cell, 360, and Wii U. Why east money unless the market is there. The Wii U is a interesting system, but it hasn't found its place.

Now this fall when kids are asking for new systems and stores are out, this is their chance! Now that new games are coming out on it and next year with Smash.
---
XBL: Zrorro the 2nd (Wii) 2968-1959-7665-4725
PSN: Zrorro
#34squatch22Posted 9/7/2013 2:11:19 AM
Well EA isnt making money on PS3 or 360...
Lol
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#35BaseChouGoku(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 3:54:53 AM
I agree it should not have been called Wii U. That is a stupid name. I would sooner name it Ultra Famicom (but not UNES) lol
#36FayeLadyPosted 9/7/2013 4:43:12 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
I don't see the XO selling any better than the Wii U and 3rd party devs are still flocking towards it.

I'd say the One has a better line up than the 360 (and PS3)did when it launched. If it has a better first year than the 360 (and PS3) it will have a better first year than the Wii U. The 360 sold just under 6 million and the PS3 sold just over that.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#37LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/7/2013 10:43:29 AM
VanderZoo posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
VanderZoo posted...

See the picture? The fanbase and audience for PS/Xbox is simply much larger than Nintendo's, it always has been. And btw, if PS4/XB1 sell as badly as the Wii U, then the industry will crash. It's as simple as that.

Yes I see the picture

That in 8 years on the market two consoles combined couldn't even sell more than the SINGLE most popular console of the previous gen that was on the market for 6 years before the start of this gen. That those two companies had unprecedented monetary loss this generation ($8 billion combined) and declining software sales.

The only trend in the industry right now is downwards. It's irrelevant if either PS4 or Xbone outsell the Wii U when they both are going to do much worse than previous generations. Excitement among consumers? Consumer confidence in the industry hasn't been this low since the '80s. What are either MS or Sony doing to rectify that?

You realise the 360 and PS3 haven't sold as much as the PS2 because the PS2 fanbase has split? Many PS2 owners moved onto the 360, some stuck with the PS3. The fanbase is as big as its ever been, it's just divided more evenly between Xbox and PlayStation now.

And if there is a downward trend in the industry, did you consider it may be because the two primary consoles are in fact 8 years old? This is precisely why the next gen consoles are needed and why they will be successful.

People want those consoles, their pre-orders have broken all records. PS4 has more pre-orders than the PS3 and PS2 had. Their pre-orders on Amazon have broken records, not just for consoles, not just for electronics, but pre-order records full stop.

If PS2, GC and Xbox had lasted 8 years being the only consoles on the market, we would have seen a downward trend then as well.

People want new consoles, they didn't buy the Wii U because it wasn't a significant step up (in terms of graphics and online), XB1 and PS4 are.

The fanbase wasn't split when MS launched the Xbox- the most highly anticipated console in history?

Downward trend and less game sales because this gen is 8 years old? The 360 has had some of its highest selling months in its lifespan this year. It's software sales that are declining.

The Wii U also broke pre-order records at retailers like GameStop and Best Buy. The PS3 had over 1 million pre-orders.

BTW, the PS2 did technically last 8 years, as it consistently outsold the PS3 for its first two years.

If you don't see that both the 360 and PS3 will be outselling the PS4 and Xbone the same way, I don't really know what else to say. This generation will be the slowest start yet.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#38SolisPosted 9/7/2013 12:43:03 PM
Or maybe there are multiple, compounding issues that are ALL keeping third parties from being interested in the system? This is the second topic I've seen in the last 2 days where no one apparently considers more than one reason to be valid.

BaseChouGoku posted...
Did you see them running away from the Wii despite how weak the hardware was? No.

Uhh, yes? Constantly?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review