Is Rayman Legends U out-selling the PS360 versions ?

#41Maverick_ReznorPosted 9/7/2013 7:58:26 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
Fisto81 posted...
A lot of gamers bought a Wii U in part because of Rayman. Ubisoft should be extremely grateful that some Wii U owners still bought the game after Ubisoft threw us under the bus.

I myself am waiting until I can find it used. Ubisoft doesn't deserve my money.

People like you are the reason 3rd parties don't sell well on Nintendo platforms. It wasn't Ubi's fault for the delay, blame MS' 3rd party contracts for that, and the "fans" who kept crying for it that aren't buying it.

no, we can blame Ubi. The game was ready to go and the devs were ready to take a break, but Ubi said no.
#42Enigma149Posted 9/7/2013 8:06:20 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
Fisto81 posted...
A lot of gamers bought a Wii U in part because of Rayman. Ubisoft should be extremely grateful that some Wii U owners still bought the game after Ubisoft threw us under the bus.

People like you are the reason 3rd parties don't sell well on Nintendo platforms. It wasn't Ubi's fault for the delay, blame MS' 3rd party contracts for that, and the "fans" who kept crying for it that aren't buying it.

And yet it's the fault of 3rd parties for letting MS go that far in the first place.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#43usfslackerPosted 9/7/2013 8:23:20 AM
Enigma149 posted...
_Sovereign_ posted...
Fisto81 posted...

And yet it's the fault of 3rd parties for letting MS go that far in the first place.

This, this and this. Gamers these days are too apologetic and its embarrassing. Microsoft's policies are a reason third parties should have told them to piss off years ago before they became a relevant force, not a reason to screw customers into the foreseeable future. Microsoft has ZERO spine; Microsoft makes policies, gamers tell them to screw off, Microsoft changes policies in like 2 weeks. Third parties should have done this day one on the 360 and this incredibly predictable problem could have been totally avoided.

I'll pick up Rayman eventually because I want to play it. But I'll be damned if I reward Ubisoft for delaying a game 7 months so that no one else had to wait for it after I got it. And that's irrespective of the console that got screwed; I wouldn't put up with it if PS3 was the console that it was originally on either. I don't buy Activision games PERIOD because they won't get MS's **** out of their mouth and I'm not going to let Ubisoft off either.

Besides, you thought Rayman was getting another sequel anyways? Ubisoft tried their best to kill the last one by launching it at the worst time possible and now they butt it up against Wind Waker, GTA5 and a non BC next gen console launch? I'm pretty sure they actually set a pile of money on fire to make the budget look worse so they could cancel this series.
---
PSN ID: USFSlacker86
No, that is not true at all. Something = good is either true or false. It is not construed as an opinion. -Conker
#44mr_rush101Posted 9/7/2013 8:31:43 AM
This is because people with a Wii U have to buy whatever comes out cause they have no other games to play.
---
I'm better than SolidStryder
#45DragonyeuwPosted 9/7/2013 8:49:33 AM(edited)
If the part about Microsoft's third party policies is correct, then clearly Ubisoft looked at the 360's base( 70m?), looked at the dropping Wii U sales around February/ March, and made a judgment call that the game needed to be ported to other consoles to maximize its sales. If Microsoft's policy is that they don't allow 3rd party games to be released to their system after being released on others, that means Ubisoft could not release the Wii U version as a timed exclusive, which would have been the ideal solution. So they delayed the game, and took the PR hit in the hopes that people's anger would subside. With that 6 extra months they added more stuff in the game, making for a more complete package.

Yeah it sucked majorly for Wii U fans, but Ubisoft made a decision they felt in the best interests of their game and business. Boycotting them, and thus alienating the Wii U's main third party supporter, seems pretty self-defeating....I do agree though that MS can shove it with their third party policies BS.
---
Systems owned- PS3 slim, PS2 slim, PS Vita, PSP3000... Nintendo Wii, Blue 3dsXL,SNES..... Xbox 360.....Sega Dreamcast
#46kdognumba1Posted 9/7/2013 8:54:04 AM
usfslacker posted...
Enigma149 posted...
_Sovereign_ posted...
Fisto81 posted...

This, this and this. Gamers these days are too apologetic and its embarrassing. Microsoft's policies are a reason third parties should have told them to piss off years ago before they became a relevant force, not a reason to screw customers into the foreseeable future. Microsoft has ZERO spine; Microsoft makes policies, gamers tell them to screw off, Microsoft changes policies in like 2 weeks. Third parties should have done this day one on the 360 and this incredibly predictable problem could have been totally avoided.

I'll pick up Rayman eventually because I want to play it. But I'll be damned if I reward Ubisoft for delaying a game 7 months so that no one else had to wait for it after I got it. And that's irrespective of the console that got screwed; I wouldn't put up with it if PS3 was the console that it was originally on either. I don't buy Activision games PERIOD because they won't get MS's **** out of their mouth and I'm not going to let Ubisoft off either.

Besides, you thought Rayman was getting another sequel anyways? Ubisoft tried their best to kill the last one by launching it at the worst time possible and now they butt it up against Wind Waker, GTA5 and a non BC next gen console launch? I'm pretty sure they actually set a pile of money on fire to make the budget look worse so they could cancel this series.

While I don't share the hate for Microsoft, I can't say I disagree with this. People are quick to throw Nintendo under the bus when it comes to 3rd parties but when you look at the opposite scenario, you have a company that's willing to screw over the gamer in order to buddy up to the 3rd parties.

As for Rayman Legends, I completely agree, I don't support what Ubisoft did and it wouldn't matter what system we're talking about. I took the money that I was going to use on Rayman Legends and spent it on the SMT4 and FE:A deal because of this... maybe I'll get it a few months from now, but I'm definitely not going to show full support for Ubisoft after this.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#47darkjedilinkPosted 9/7/2013 2:05:54 PM
Dragonyeuw posted...
If the part about Microsoft's third party policies is correct, then clearly Ubisoft looked at the 360's base( 70m?), looked at the dropping Wii U sales around February/ March, and made a judgment call that the game needed to be ported to other consoles to maximize its sales. If Microsoft's policy is that they don't allow 3rd party games to be released to their system after being released on others, that means Ubisoft could not release the Wii U version as a timed exclusive, which would have been the ideal solution. So they delayed the game, and took the PR hit in the hopes that people's anger would subside. With that 6 extra months they added more stuff in the game, making for a more complete package.

Yeah it sucked majorly for Wii U fans, but Ubisoft made a decision they felt in the best interests of their game and business. Boycotting them, and thus alienating the Wii U's main third party supporter, seems pretty self-defeating....I do agree though that MS can shove it with their third party policies BS.

Actually, when you look at the numbers, it's costing Ubisoft a lot. The total sales are less than they projected there'd be when it was a Wii U exclusive. As such, the time and money spent to make it multiplat means they're clearing LESS now, partially due to that PR hit.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#48cavebear56Posted 9/7/2013 2:22:07 PM
Enigma149 posted...
_Sovereign_ posted...
Fisto81 posted...

This in all honesty.

Look either way you slice it Ubisoft displayed a lack of business sense. They never should've had the date they did and kept up the facade. So either they were intentionally setting a stage to get pre orders up and hope people forgot about them or...

...they don't read contracts and never should've used that release date. If it is the latter I believe it's time I make my way over to Ubisoft because I have some wonderful snakes oil to sell.

That's also if they were telling the truth with how far along the game development actually was. Either way Ubisoft dropped the ball but all reasonable and adult gamers will suffer because of it.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#49mikebrand83Posted 9/7/2013 3:41:34 PM
mr_rush101 posted...
This is because people with a Wii U have to buy whatever comes out cause they have no other games to play.

Which explains why other Wii U that are cheap and lazy ports, or brilliant but niche-ish games that players don't quite get (e.g. The Wonderful 101) sells quite poorly.

... Contrasted with the PS Vita, where pretty much any crap made for it seems to sell.