The Wii U is the strongest platform with free online

#81VyersPosted 9/8/2013 5:43:59 AM
squatch22 posted...
Vyers posted...
Also, do people show the same disdain for the Wii U's lack of GC BC as it does for the PS4's lack of PS3 BC?

Theres a difference between previous gen BC and that of playing games 2 gens old...

Except hackers have shown that the Wii U is capable of playing GameCube games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#82JackalPosted 9/8/2013 5:48:46 AM
squatch22 posted...
Jackal posted...
squatch22 posted...
Vyers posted...
Also, do people show the same disdain for the Wii U's lack of GC BC as it does for the PS4's lack of PS3 BC?

Theres a difference between previous gen BC and that of playing games 2 gens old...

So then you all won't be upset and will understand if the next Nintendo consoles architecture is so different that it can't play Wii U physical game disc or it doesn't support the Gamepad in anyway? That the only way to play your Wii U games is to keep your Wii U. You all would be okay with this?

Where did u get that from?

PS3 is the previous gen that the PS4 can not play due to the restructured hardware that does not support the old Cell base stuff. That's why it can't play PS3 games. A lot of people seem to see this as a flaw and a downside, a negative reason against the PS4. So I asked you my question which is the very same scenario but with Nintendo.

If the next Nintendo console is so different that it can't play Wii U games or doesn't support the Gamepad in any way and can not be backwards compatible, would you be okay with this?

What is your answer.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#83krillensPosted 9/8/2013 6:55:49 AM
ArabrockermanX posted...
krillens posted...
Fisto81 posted...
LOL@Pony's trying to justify paying for peer-to-peer online gaming.

source that PS4 is peer to peer?

It will be. Also ps3 had some dedicated servers and they were awful. I don't see Sony spending a crapton to upgrade their servers so they have the ability to run a bunch of dedicated servers when they know damn well the ps4 is more capable of running online games and that the hardware on the players system will improve online games alone... Then you have a bunch of fanboys justifying paying for a service that should be free.

Now if PS+ starts having more titles that are recently released instead of old ones then I might re-evaluate if it is worth the extra cost(I cancelled it on ps3 just too much for old/junk games with a few discounts on more junk and occasionally a good deal).

i see no source, so i am inclined to not believe those claiming it will be P2P
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD