The Wii U has entered the period where it either takes off or sinks

#1PhaseBlackPosted 9/8/2013 7:40:42 AM
September 2013 is where major gaming publishers start off the holiday season as the fourth quarter of the year is by far the biggest sales period for them. Wii U is now in the most important sales period in it's life cycle, it's the "make or break" holiday season for Nintendo's HD console. And at the same time it has huge battles ahead of it, starting with going up against Grand Theft Auto V in just a week.

Hopefully the Wind Waker HD and Sonic Lost World get the Wii U moving a lot of units in October but Beyond: Two Souls, Battlefield 4, and a bunch of other big multiplats that'll get all the attention on PS3/360 are going to make it hard for the Wii U to shine.

Now November.... the Wii U is looking to get knocked out, even with Super Mario 3D World. Call of Duty: Ghosts, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Dead Rising 3, the PS4 launch, and the Xbox One launch are going to be tidal wave after tidal wave that just may end up sweeping the Wii U away this holiday.

Which will easily continue into December and early next year with a new generation taking off, but even on December 6th when DKCTF launches, it'll be going up against Gran Turismo 6.

Do you think the Wii U can take off this year?
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/8/2013 7:43:16 AM
Wii U is done son.
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#3Fisto81Posted 9/8/2013 7:44:10 AM
LOL it already took off. It reached 3 million sales faster than any other console.

BTW PS4 and Xbone are going to flop. Pony's are going to be sorely disappointed when PS3 looks like a stunning success in comparison.
#4mashuPosted 9/8/2013 7:45:21 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Do you think the Wii U can take off this year?

No. Not with what is coming out the remainder of the year. Imho next year is where it will improve. Some. We'll see how much.
#5MilesTeg420Posted 9/8/2013 7:46:57 AM
I think holiday 2014 is a lost cause for Wii U.
#6segagamerPosted 9/8/2013 7:47:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Binba442Posted 9/8/2013 7:52:23 AM
Fisto81 posted...
LOL it already took off. It reached 3 million sales faster than any other console.

BTW PS4 and Xbone are going to flop. Pony's are going to be sorely disappointed when PS3 looks like a stunning success in comparison.

I think "Flop" is a bad word for it, but I think they might suffer a game drought. 6+ Months from release.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#8PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 7:56:58 AM
Binba442 posted...
Fisto81 posted...

I think "Flop" is a bad word for it, but I think they might suffer a game drought. 6+ Months from release.

As far as the PS4 goes, inFamous Second Son is releasing in February which is very soon after the launch of the PS4. I think the Wii U was a great example of how not to handle the first year of your console and both Sony and MS are going to do much better
---
PSVita & 3DS
#9FayeLadyPosted 9/8/2013 7:58:45 AM
Its silly to think the holiday wont effect Wii U sales positively, But I doubt it will a huge deal compared to some of the games coming out for current consoles and the impending release of the new ones.

More money won't be spent because more products are available, and this being the most crazy year in quite a while as far as releases means a lot of the money is spoken for.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10krillensPosted 9/8/2013 7:59:39 AM
i think the wii u will be fine.. but it definitely wont be the highest selling console the gen. it sucks that i bought a wii u on launch, and since then i only bought pikman
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD