If I buy the wind waker Wii U....

#1MC LinkPosted 9/9/2013 5:10:45 AM
Will I lose all my Wii VC games, Wii U VC games and save data?

Or... can I copy EVERYTHING across to an external hard drive, then once I have my new WW Wii U copy it all across?

Many thanks!
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!
#2abbyhitterPosted 9/9/2013 5:28:16 AM
No, you can't do that. You can't transfer anything between 2 Wii U's.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#3MC Link(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 5:29:25 AM
D'oh - looks like I'll be sticking with the basic WiiU then; ah well.... was worth a look!

Thanks for the answer.
---
#4Smaffl15Posted 9/9/2013 6:16:40 AM
MC Link posted...
D'oh - looks like I'll be sticking with the basic WiiU then; ah well.... was worth a look!

Thanks for the answer.

I have the basic wii u too and some vc games and ducktales remastered but I'm still getting the wind waker wii u bundle and trading in my wii u basic, I'll rebuy all the games cuz I'll have the digital deluxe promotion
#5MC Link(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 7:28:15 AM
Smaffl15 posted...
MC Link posted...

Thanks for the answer.

I have the basic wii u too and some vc games and ducktales remastered but I'm still getting the wind waker wii u bundle and trading in my wii u basic, I'll rebuy all the games cuz I'll have the digital deluxe promotion

Can you explain?

I am tempted by this... I wouldn't be trading the basic in, but selling it to a work friend...
---
#6linkrules2Posted 9/9/2013 7:39:00 AM
The Basic model doesnt include that program i thought, only deluxe models
---
3DS FC 3050-7608-9240
#7freezemanPosted 9/9/2013 8:17:30 AM
I think you can send both consoles in to Nintendo and they can do the transfer. (really they'll just deactivate your wii u and credit you the games on the new one, I believe). I know, it's a hassle. Hopefully, a better account system comes in soon.
---
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259