I've come to appreciate Miiverse

#11BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/9/2013 8:07:28 AM
steerepike posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
MotiJr posted...
With gamefaqs becoming 4chan

This place really has deteriorated over the past couple years. A fitting comparison.

I started my first account here in '99. It really isn't getting any worse. It has always been a cesspool. The reason I don't have that first account is because this place was a troll-haven, and I closed it.

Then I just didn't frequent the wrong boards (like this one >_>) before.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#12MotiJrPosted 9/9/2013 8:08:26 AM
steerepike posted...
MotiJr posted...

This place really has deteriorated over the past couple years. A fitting comparison.

I started my first account here in '99. It really isn't getting any worse. It has always been a cesspool. The reason I don't have that first account is because this place was a troll-haven, and I closed it.

Really?? I never had a problem until this board opened up. Ignore list went from 0 to over 100 in an hour.

TC the drawings are so awesome but I can't help but feel envious after seeing them. With the art academy inclusion, they are even more amazing.
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#13mcsmellingtonPosted 9/9/2013 8:08:55 AM
I like Miiverse, but it's a bit ridiculous at times. You can't really criticise Nintendo on there without getting barely literate responses saying that you suck and Nintendo rule. Plus the mods are stupidly strict. I got a 2 week ban for sharing my 3DS friend code with someone on my friend list. I didn't realise you weren't allowed to do that, but it's a stupid rule in the first place. I also got a 2 week ban for saying Iwata was my uncle. Delete the post maybe, but a ban for that? Bit harsh.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#14shanafanPosted 9/9/2013 8:13:34 AM
mcsmellington posted...
I like Miiverse, but it's a bit ridiculous at times. You can't really criticise Nintendo on there without getting barely literate responses saying that you suck and Nintendo rule. Plus the mods are stupidly strict. I got a 2 week ban for sharing my 3DS friend code with someone on my friend list. I didn't realise you weren't allowed to do that, but it's a stupid rule in the first place. I also got a 2 week ban for saying Iwata was my uncle. Delete the post maybe, but a ban for that? Bit harsh.

Seems legit to me. Why do you need to post such ridiculous things in the first place?
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#15MotiJrPosted 9/9/2013 8:14:42 AM
mcsmellington posted...

If you violate the TOU, getting banned is not harsh, it is expected. I would rather have the stricter mods than the lazy incompetent ones we have here. To each their own I guess. I think being civil is more important than being able to speak freely, especially when the freedom only allows for trolling.
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#16RazieruPosted 9/9/2013 8:14:52 AM
mcsmellington posted...

Wow, they seriously ban you for baseless crap like that? Are they really that tender just to hide the kiddies from the cruel REAL WORLD? Yet, people b**** about the mods on GameFAQS....

Clearly they are claiming Mii Verse is better simply because the mods are a "convenience" for them, since it supposedly keeps the "trolls" out; yet you get banned for baseless crap like sharing friend codes, and claiming Iwata is your uncle?! WTF?

I never would have thought that GameFAQs had more leniency with modding....
---
I am a world-class fisherman. Behold my many catches on GameFAQs alone!
#17cavebear56Posted 9/9/2013 8:22:21 AM
steerepike posted...
MotiJr posted...

Same.

It isn't any worse. It's just most of the posters finally grew up enough to become more active and socially aware (digitally at least...).

Mutual respect of views and opinions isn't a huge deal. It's an ideal we set but humanity fails to meet it because it goes against our ego, natural instincts and flawed natures.

I know I'm abrasive most of the time (on this board anyways) but that's due to understanding the atmosphere around here. What most of you are experiencing is a fresh board. The PS4 and you better believe the Neo board will go through similar growing pains.

On Topic:

I agree TC. What some people fail to understand (because they've been brain washed) is a bit of censorship, order and quick response to issues isn't a always a bad thing. Similar to many court systems where some of the time an innocent individual might go to jail but it works more so than not.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#18RazieruPosted 9/9/2013 8:23:48 AM
MotiJr posted...
If you violate the TOU, getting banned is not harsh, it is expected.

Like I said, the mods on Mii Verse are a convenience for people like this. I guess you'll turn tail if those mods actually brighten up and be way more reasonable and sensible than that.

I would rather have the stricter mods than the lazy incompetent ones we have here. To each their own I guess.

Yeah, sure. You would rather be shielded from all the horrible posts and words that ruin your day and life because you want people to not exercise their freedom of speech since it is a red herring in your path.

I think being civil is more important than being able to speak freely, especially when the freedom only allows for trolling.

So, people should give up their freedom of speech just to abide by your horribly flawed "logic" of being "civil" because you're still deluded by the ignorant belief that opinions = trolling?

shanafan posted...
Seems legit to me. Why do you need to post such ridiculous things in the first place?

Wow, your perception of things couldn't be more elementary. I guess saying anything that isn't in the Nintendo white knighting master race is grounds for banning, yes?
---
I am a world-class fisherman. Behold my many catches on GameFAQs alone!
#19mcsmellingtonPosted 9/9/2013 8:26:23 AM
MotiJr posted...
mcsmellington posted...

If you violate the TOU, getting banned is not harsh, it is expected. I would rather have the stricter mods than the lazy incompetent ones we have here. To each their own I guess. I think being civil is more important than being able to speak freely, especially when the freedom only allows for trolling.

I don't mind so much for the 3DS friend code thing, that's my fault for not realising it was in the ToU. I don't really agree with the rule, I think we should be able to share stuff like that, but that was my fault for posting it still.

The Iwata one was pretty silly. Not worth a ban in my opinion, but then I only really use Gamefaqs. Are the mods here especially relaxed compared to most?
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#20oakview80Posted 9/9/2013 8:26:50 AM
I'm enjoying miiverse a lot. I think its a great feature. The wii u is very underrated. My son and I been having a blast with our wii u!