Aonuma Says Zelda Wind Waker HD Is "Unlike Any Other Experience Out There"

#21IokuaPosted 9/9/2013 9:11:05 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
WW was a head of its time, that's for sure. Many Gamecube games were, as a matter of fact. I don't mean to be "that guy" but it seems as if game design has been steadily declining since that gen.

Blame Activision, Rockstar, EA and all the other developers and publishers who decided games should be $100,000,000, risk everything, has to fit into the cookie cutter mold. You can chart the decline of the industry and it starts in 2007 with CoD4 and in 2008 with GTAIV. Not denying the quality of the games, but that was kind of the point where development budgets ballooned grossly out of proportion and publishers started to shoe horn multiplayer in where it didn't go, and to enforce ridiculous standards of quality believing that gamers would accept nothing less than a masterpiece. Unfortunately the gaming public is mostly a bunch of sheep, and now developers are a slave to review scores and pandering to the lowest common denominator as a result.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#22RamunePosted 9/9/2013 9:16:58 PM
BkzIzu posted...
I think it's the same experience as the Gamecube game lmao :D

Took the words right out of my mouth.
---
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Richard Bach
#23VyersPosted 9/9/2013 9:58:01 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Megaman Legends
Fear Effect
Jet Grind Radio
Viewtiful Joe (came out slightly after, but it was clearly developed in the same time frame)

Yep. Wind Waker sure was the only Cel-Shaded game experience out there alright.

He never claimed it was the first.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#24nonexistingheroPosted 9/9/2013 10:44:08 PM
MCcake posted...
As long as pie exists, this is false.

...you're claiming that the existence of pie is the same experience as WWHD?
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25AlexPumaPosted 9/10/2013 1:45:39 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
MCcake posted...
As long as pie exists, this is false.

...you're claiming that the existence of pie is the same experience as WWHD?

You might be right. WWHD may not even come close to pie. Then again, not much does.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#26Neo_HeartlessPosted 9/10/2013 2:52:03 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Megaman Legends
Fear Effect
Jet Grind Radio
Viewtiful Joe (came out slightly after, but it was clearly developed in the same time frame)

Yep. Wind Waker sure was the only Cel-Shaded game experience out there alright.

Oh boy, it's almost as if you can't read other people's comments before you post! What a refreshing and unique thing you bring to the internet.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#27Alnilam81Posted 9/10/2013 3:15:53 AM
The13Doctors posted...
Leon_Powalski_7 posted...
wwjd isn't much of an exciting or fresh experience if you've played the gc version, because wwhd so far is the same game with enhanced graphics

Well many people didn't. 3 Million sales in the time when PS2 was everywhere. Back then I didn't even play Zelda games. Nintendo has a larger audience and Wii U is a much better buy now than GC was before.

Urm, no. The GC had a pretty great line-up at that point, it puts the current state of the Wii U to shame. Pikmin, SSBM, Rogue Leader, Animal Crossing, Wave Race:BS, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, RE: Zero, Mario Sunshine........ The GC was well supported, it got some great games and many of those were new franchises (AC, Pikmin) or significant reworkings of old franchises (Metroid Prime).

As much as I love the game, the sad thing is that Wind Waker didn't save the Gamecube, so why do people think it has a chance of saving the Wii U 10 years later?