Poll: Now that youve played the demo, what do you think of Wonderful 101?

#11Leon_Powalski_7Posted 9/9/2013 10:21:28 PM
TalentedM posted...
It seems really fun. I really want to pick it up :(

This, I don't understand why people are saying this game has already bombed, it's a great game
---
I am the great Leon!
#12MasterPokerPosted 9/9/2013 10:36:09 PM
mrchim posted...
MasterPoker posted...
Not my genre of game as I can only rarely be convinced to play for score, and the whole game is a rankings-fest. So I can't really judge the quality of it when I can't bring myself to play it.

You never really have to play for score to enjoy the game. It's like Viewtiful Joe the ranking system is just there for the people who want to do special runs of the game.

Except that there seems to be a lot of unlockables tied to the rankings. As an example of why I dislike ratings, the Advance Wars series likes to tie your performance to a rating...even though the rating encourages behavior that is more likely to make you lose, like producing fewer units and only engaging in battle with overwhelming odds. I'd rather just play my way and be rewarded for clearing stages, instead of clearing them with overly long combos while not taking damage as fast as possible.

And don't remind me of Viewtiful Joe, the guy who erased my PS2 memory card.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#13FlyinTonitePosted 9/9/2013 10:40:57 PM
MasterPoker posted...
mrchim posted...
MasterPoker posted...
Not my genre of game as I can only rarely be convinced to play for score, and the whole game is a rankings-fest. So I can't really judge the quality of it when I can't bring myself to play it.

You never really have to play for score to enjoy the game. It's like Viewtiful Joe the ranking system is just there for the people who want to do special runs of the game.

Except that there seems to be a lot of unlockables tied to the rankings. As an example of why I dislike ratings, the Advance Wars series likes to tie your performance to a rating...even though the rating encourages behavior that is more likely to make you lose, like producing fewer units and only engaging in battle with overwhelming odds. I'd rather just play my way and be rewarded for clearing stages, instead of clearing them with overly long combos while not taking damage as fast as possible.

And don't remind me of Viewtiful Joe, the guy who erased my PS2 memory card.

It took me soooo long to unlock sonia.
---
Wonderful 101: A game where you fight people with people.
#14RioichiCooperPosted 9/10/2013 5:28:26 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
Just 5 days.

*Rocks back and forth*

Unless of course the Target reservation card wasn't a misprint. Then it's only three days.
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
#15Kromlech06Posted 9/10/2013 10:25:10 AM
RioichiCooper posted...
Kromlech06 posted...
Just 5 days.

*Rocks back and forth*

Unless of course the Target reservation card wasn't a misprint. Then it's only three days.

I thought it was the 15th, a Sunday. When has a game ever come out on a Friday?

Why don't games come out on Friday?

Also, hehe, Friday the 13th is coming up.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#16DrumguyPosted 9/10/2013 10:25:34 AM
It's not a bad game, just not my thing.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#17RioichiCooperPosted 9/10/2013 10:50:39 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
RioichiCooper posted...
Kromlech06 posted...
Just 5 days.

*Rocks back and forth*

I thought it was the 15th, a Sunday. When has a game ever come out on a Friday?

Why don't games come out on Friday?

Also, hehe, Friday the 13th is coming up.

http://i.imgur.com/kqAg3xW.jpg

Obviously it says the release date is subject to change but I'm still hoping.
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
#18Kromlech06Posted 9/10/2013 10:56:25 AM
Every other source ever says the 15th.

Sunday is a normal release day for Nintendo first party stuff, not Friday.

I'm thinking you're going to be disappointed on Friday, or Target is breaking the street date, which I highly doubt.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#19Skill4ReelPosted 9/10/2013 11:06:42 AM
If I could only buy one more game for the remainder of this year, The Wonderful 101 would be it.
#20Dark__ThronePosted 9/10/2013 11:24:38 AM
Played the demo once and got my ass whooped big time. Though this was partly to me not fully understanding how the game controls and plays.

It seems like a typical Platinum game. One of those games that take the time to get used to and actually take skill to get good at. I will definitely pick it up one day. No reason to buy it now otherwise it'll just be going straight to my backpile log.