Nintendo should do the Vita TV thing via Wii U.

#1greatone101Posted 9/10/2013 5:13:11 AM
Lets all face it, Wii U is pretty much dead.
You look at the sales charts and EVEN the VIta outsells it. Sony is smart to do the Vita TV, it will bring people to buy it that want some of the Vita/PSP games without buying the handheld not to mention the PS4 remote play.

Nintendo should also do something similar. We all know DS and 3DS has a great library, so if they can do something similar for the Wii u, maybe through a software update or through a Wii U add on where you can then play DS or 3DS games will really boost the Wii U sales. Cause there are people that want to play those handheld games without buying the handheld.

If Wii U sales get a boost, we get more third party support and in the end everyone is happy.
#2deathwave21Posted 9/10/2013 5:24:55 AM
I would've loved if they had done something similar with Wii/DS. It wouldn't have increased sales of either console, but it would have been a nice compliment to those of us who own both. Vita is a bomb and I don't seriously see people buying one just to use it on their tv. Hopefully "if" this works out for Sony, Nintendo allows 3DS/WU gameplay. Again, I don't see it increasing sales because hand helds are best enjoyed on the go. So, basically two seperate markets.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#3GLDanzegoPosted 9/10/2013 5:26:13 AM
Why should Nintendo copy their competitor who is doing worse than them? Have you given this any thought, whatsoever? 0_o
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 9/10/2013 5:28:30 AM
GLDanzego posted...
Why should Nintendo copy their competitor who is doing worse than them? Have you given this any thought, whatsoever? 0_o

Doing worse than the competition? Keep sipping the Nintendo Kool-Aid buddy.
#5Baha05Posted 9/10/2013 5:36:54 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Considering Sony had to sell a building doesn't help them, plus the Vita is finally picking up after a year. Maybe it's not "worse" but don't act like Sony is on top.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#6Jacob46719Posted 9/10/2013 5:44:16 AM
greatone101 posted...
Lets all face it, Wii U is pretty much dead. yeah, 2 months ago.
You look at the sales charts and EVEN the VIta outsells it. barely. Sony is smart to do the Vita TV, it will bring people to buy it that want some of the Vita/PSP games without buying the handheld not to mention the PS4 remote play.

Nintendo should also do something similar. We all know DS and 3DS has a great library, so if they can do something similar for the Wii u, maybe through a software update or through a Wii U add on where you can then play DS or 3DS games will really boost the Wii U sales. Cause there are people that want to play those handheld games without buying the handheld.

If Wii U sales get a boost, we get more third party support and in the end everyone is happy.

why would Nintendo do exactly the same thing when they can just release console games for the console and handheld games for the handheld? 240p looks bad on a TV. If want to use a TV, I will play my Wii U. Not my 3DS. Got it?
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#7Tsutarja495Posted 9/10/2013 5:55:17 AM
Completely different situations. Vita is $200 and Vita TV is $100. 3DS is $170 and Wii U is $300. No one is going to pay almost twice as much money for a downgrade (removing portability).
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 9/10/2013 5:56:12 AM
Baha05 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Considering Sony had to sell a building doesn't help them, plus the Vita is finally picking up after a year. Maybe it's not "worse" but don't act like Sony is on top.

I never said Sony was on top i just said Nintendo wasn't doing good, which they aren't.
#9icarus231Posted 9/10/2013 5:59:18 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Baha05 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

I never said Sony was on top i just said Nintendo wasn't doing good, which they aren't.

Nintendo is expanding, sony is downsizing. Nintendo has a pile of money, sony has a pile of debt. Nintendo has the best selling games of all time, sony has ...... So who is doing worse?
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#10DeathSoul2000Posted 9/10/2013 6:10:40 AM
icarus231 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Baha05 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Nintendo is expanding, sony is downsizing. Nintendo has a pile of money, sony has a pile of debt. Nintendo has the best selling games of all time, sony has ...... So who is doing worse?

Yeah, because the Wii U totally isn't failing.