The Wii U is my favorite console

#1WiseWarrior101Posted 9/10/2013 4:38:53 PM
Amidst all the negativity, I thought I'd share how I feel about the Wii U. First of all, I love the design. It just looks fantastic, particularly the black model. The GamePad is very comfortable to grip, and holds a lot of potential. I got it for Pikmin 3; the only game that interested me prior to that was Lego City: Undercover. After playing Pikmin 3, seeing the beautiful graphics, innovative usage of the GamePad, and an overall incredible experience, I was greatly looking forward to the future of the Wii U.

With games like the Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD. Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Super Mario 3D World, and many more great games, I expect to spend a lot more time with my Wii U. I'm not going to blindly say, "Oh, the Wii U will pick up and do fantastic; it'll win the race!" In my opinion it'd be lucky to get 2nd behind the PS3. But I personally love my Wii U, and I hope great games will continue to be released, attracting more buyers, and hopefully showing people that the Wii U is a great system. :)
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#2RetrowirePosted 9/10/2013 4:39:47 PM
Cool, glad you're enjoying it! :D
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#3WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 4:41:06 PM
Retrowire posted...
Cool, glad you're enjoying it! :D

Thanks! :D
---
#4ssbmrocksPosted 9/10/2013 4:42:02 PM
I have the same opinion. There are a few good games out now (luckily I have Monster Hunter, I have over 500 hours in the game and still going strong), but things are starting to pick up for the rest of this year with at least one awesome title coming each month.

And let's be honest, we all bought this for Smash Bros, eh? Lol. Jokes aside, I love my Wii U as well, it's just a great system that doesn't deserve all of the negativity its getting. Who cares what "Gen" it is, or how powerful it is compared to competitors/upcoming consoles? It is what it is, a Nintendo console that will deliver it's usual outstanding games with a few lucky third party launches here and there.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#5TCaC04Posted 9/10/2013 4:44:18 PM(edited)
I'm enjoying it as well. I keep hearing good things about TW101. I tried the demo and liked it. Is it good as people who played it say it is? Unfortunately, I'm in the US and we have to wait for the game to release here.

Also, I have to agree with MH3U. That game is addicting and I have about over 120 hrs (Just started) on it.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#6RetrowirePosted 9/10/2013 4:48:56 PM
My wife bought me my Wii U for Christmas last year. I love the console, but some of the games have lost some replay value. I had Scribblenauts Unlimited, which was the only game I traded back in. But I now have NintendoLand, Super Mario Bros U, Zombi U and Lego City Undercover, all of which I've beaten or 100 percented. I like my inventory right now, but I'm certainly holding out for WWHD, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze, etc...

I love the Wii U because it will deliver a different experience that no one else can truly replicate. I remember the first time I booted up NintendoLand and used the Gamepad to look around the in game plaza, I thought "OMG I'M HOLDING THE FUTURE!" :DDD
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#7WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 5:29:08 PM
Retrowire posted...
My wife bought me my Wii U for Christmas last year. I love the console, but some of the games have lost some replay value. I had Scribblenauts Unlimited, which was the only game I traded back in. But I now have NintendoLand, Super Mario Bros U, Zombi U and Lego City Undercover, all of which I've beaten or 100 percented. I like my inventory right now, but I'm certainly holding out for WWHD, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze, etc...

I love the Wii U because it will deliver a different experience that no one else can truly replicate. I remember the first time I booted up NintendoLand and used the Gamepad to look around the in game plaza, I thought "OMG I'M HOLDING THE FUTURE!" :DDD

I initially didn't feel it felt "Next Gen," but I have no doubts no. It really feels like a step up from the PS3 and Xbox 360.
---
#8SyCo_VeNoMPosted 9/10/2013 5:43:02 PM
Retrowire posted...

Got that off steam for $5 on sale I swear that was one of the shortest, and easiest games I ever played. The achievements (well on steam) were even idiotic, and given for the most stupidly easy things. I got every star in the game in under 7 hours according to steam (well I was AFK for at least 3 of them...). I would have been so seriously pissed if I paid full price for it. I was thinking of getting the DC comics one, but after that one I'm gonna pass as its worth under $5 IMO if its anything like unlimited. For the record I liked the 1st one and got many hours out of it.

On topic I'd say the Wii U was my favorite home console. I use home as 3ds is my preference as quite often now a days I don't have the time to sit down and really play a game.
#9FullMetalPanicPosted 9/10/2013 5:45:55 PM
WiseWarrior101 posted...
Amidst all the negativity, I thought I'd share how I feel about the Wii U. First of all, I love the design. It just looks fantastic, particularly the black model. The GamePad is very comfortable to grip, and holds a lot of potential. I got it for Pikmin 3; the only game that interested me prior to that was Lego City: Undercover. After playing Pikmin 3, seeing the beautiful graphics, innovative usage of the GamePad, and an overall incredible experience, I was greatly looking forward to the future of the Wii U.

With games like the Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD. Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Super Mario 3D World, and many more great games, I expect to spend a lot more time with my Wii U. I'm not going to blindly say, "Oh, the Wii U will pick up and do fantastic; it'll win the race!" In my opinion it'd be lucky to get 2nd behind the PS3. But I personally love my Wii U, and I hope great games will continue to be released, attracting more buyers, and hopefully showing people that the Wii U is a great system. :)

Wah...
---
[_NNID_] PowerBerry [_PSN_] MrCiel [_3DS_] Ciel [2062|9168|6736]
ACNL Dream Address: 5900.2112.9047
#10LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/10/2013 6:00:48 PM
I'm very excited to get the WWHD bundle soon. I willingly skipped the Wii but it seems Nintendo is earnestly trying to address their short comings and mistakes. Look at the complete 180 they did with the 3DS, which I'm in complete love with. Contrast it with the circus going on with MS and Sony which has me weary of what "next-gen" holds from them.

I think once Nintendo gains more familiarity with HD development and the Wii U we're going to get some truly spectacular games.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009