The Wii U is my favorite console

#11ButKevinBaconPosted 9/10/2013 6:17:12 PM
It must feel weird to lie so much. Then again Nintendo fans have been constantly lying to themselves since the N64 so they're probably used to it by now.
#12segagamerPosted 9/10/2013 6:22:50 PM
ButKevinBacon posted...
It must feel weird to lie so much. Then again Nintendo fans have been constantly lying to themselves since the N64 so they're probably used to it by now.

But butkevinbacon, kevin bacon loves all game consoles...
#13thepixelgardenPosted 9/10/2013 6:31:06 PM
This is a refreshing thread! Thank you guys, for sharing. I've no doubt there are plenty of people who are happy with their Wii U, but it seems like happy people are usually content and therefore less likely to come on an internet forum and voice their opinions as dissatisfied people are.
#14RetrowirePosted 9/10/2013 6:38:24 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Retrowire posted...
My wife bought me my Wii U for Christmas last year. I love the console, but some of the games have lost some replay value. I had Scribblenauts Unlimited, which was the only game I traded back in. But I now have NintendoLand, Super Mario Bros U, Zombi U and Lego City Undercover, all of which I've beaten or 100 percented. I like my inventory right now, but I'm certainly holding out for WWHD, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze, etc...

I love the Wii U because it will deliver a different experience that no one else can truly replicate. I remember the first time I booted up NintendoLand and used the Gamepad to look around the in game plaza, I thought "OMG I'M HOLDING THE FUTURE!" :DDD

Got that off steam for $5 on sale I swear that was one of the shortest, and easiest games I ever played. The achievements (well on steam) were even idiotic, and given for the most stupidly easy things. I got every star in the game in under 7 hours according to steam (well I was AFK for at least 3 of them...). I would have been so seriously pissed if I paid full price for it. I was thinking of getting the DC comics one, but after that one I'm gonna pass as its worth under $5 IMO if its anything like unlimited. For the record I liked the 1st one and got many hours out of it.

On topic I'd say the Wii U was my favorite home console. I use home as 3ds is my preference as quite often now a days I don't have the time to sit down and really play a game.

Have to agree, I love the Wii U, but my favorite console of all right now is my 3DS XL.
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#15segagamerPosted 9/10/2013 6:42:46 PM
thepixelgarden posted...
This is a refreshing thread! Thank you guys, for sharing. I've no doubt there are plenty of people who are happy with their Wii U, but it seems like happy people are usually content and therefore less likely to come on an internet forum and voice their opinions as dissatisfied people are.

Its nice to not have trolls make the same threads over and over.

You getting watch dogs tc? That game looks sweet.
#16avigeant83Posted 9/10/2013 7:17:25 PM
I've owned every system since NES and have to say that the Wii U has gotten more attention from me than any other system. I won't say it's the greatest (PS1, PS2, N64, SNES,Gamecube,Wii,360, PS3 are superior for now) but the gamepad, the games, the future, it really has me hooked in unlike any other system in the past.
#17Crazy_tank51Posted 9/10/2013 7:27:31 PM
You can't like it, low sales mean bad console! Unless it's Vita, Vita is the second coming, PS3 was the first! </sarcasm>

It's not my favorite console ever (that I hold to DS, and 3DS is catching up fast), and I'm gaming more on 3DS and PC right now, but I like the U a lot. Pikmin 3 is kickass, NintendoLand is great for what it is (way better than Wii Sports), and NSMBU while unoriginal is probably the best NSMB (not the best 2D Mario, SMB3 and SMW have that gridlocked). A buddy also gave me MH3U but it's not my fav game.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD
#18WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 7:28:47 PM
Retrowire posted...
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Retrowire posted...
My wife bought me my Wii U for Christmas last year. I love the console, but some of the games have lost some replay value. I had Scribblenauts Unlimited, which was the only game I traded back in. But I now have NintendoLand, Super Mario Bros U, Zombi U and Lego City Undercover, all of which I've beaten or 100 percented. I like my inventory right now, but I'm certainly holding out for WWHD, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze, etc...

I love the Wii U because it will deliver a different experience that no one else can truly replicate. I remember the first time I booted up NintendoLand and used the Gamepad to look around the in game plaza, I thought "OMG I'M HOLDING THE FUTURE!" :DDD

Got that off steam for $5 on sale I swear that was one of the shortest, and easiest games I ever played. The achievements (well on steam) were even idiotic, and given for the most stupidly easy things. I got every star in the game in under 7 hours according to steam (well I was AFK for at least 3 of them...). I would have been so seriously pissed if I paid full price for it. I was thinking of getting the DC comics one, but after that one I'm gonna pass as its worth under $5 IMO if its anything like unlimited. For the record I liked the 1st one and got many hours out of it.

On topic I'd say the Wii U was my favorite home console. I use home as 3ds is my preference as quite often now a days I don't have the time to sit down and really play a game.

Have to agree, I love the Wii U, but my favorite console of all right now is my 3DS XL.

Right on! The 3DS XL is my favorite handheld, and the Wii U my favorite console. I like them equally overall. The 3DS has a TON of awesome games available, and most of the games I play are on it. But the Wii U is steadily getting more games, and Pikmin 3 is tied with Etrian Odyssey IV as my favorite game of all time.

segagamer posted...
thepixelgarden posted...

Its nice to not have trolls make the same threads over and over.

You getting watch dogs tc? That game looks sweet.

I've only played two open world games. I utterly sucked at Infamous, and Lego: City Undercover didn't hold my interest for too long. So I don't know at the moment.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831