If Miiverse launched day one on Wii

#1MilesTeg420Posted 9/11/2013 11:07:46 AM
I was wondering how this might have changed the future. Nintendo fostering an online community way back then could have significantly changed the outlook for future Nintendo products, what with 100 million userbase. I know it's kind of a silly what if but I found it an interesting proposition.
#2AdamLazarusoPosted 9/11/2013 11:10:59 AM
It would have made no difference at all.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#3oq7sterPosted 9/11/2013 11:13:48 AM
Damn. Now that I think about it.
Miiverse day one on the Wii would've made it an incredible thing.
I think it would've sold even more than the ps2 and made the WiiU launch stronger.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
NDF Superbus membrum
#4DiscostewSMPosted 9/11/2013 11:24:31 AM
Honestly, if Miiverse launched on the Wii with the Wii continuing to be exactly as it has been, it probably wouldn't be like the Miiverse we have now because the system could not handle the side-app nature that the 3DS and Wii U are capable of. It would be more of a side-gesture with no real integration.

In order for Miiverse on the Wii to act as it currently does on the Wii U, the Wii system would have been designed differently to accommodate it.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 11:32:05 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Honestly, if Miiverse launched on the Wii with the Wii continuing to be exactly as it has been, it probably wouldn't be like the Miiverse we have now because the system could not handle the side-app nature that the 3DS and Wii U are capable of. It would be more of a side-gesture with no real integration.

In order for Miiverse on the Wii to act as it currently does on the Wii U, the Wii system would have been designed differently to accommodate it.

Yes, the service no doubt wouldn't be quite the same. It would have been much more limited.

However I do believe a simplified verson would have been possible. Of course, this was the age of friend codes, at the time Nintendo probably thought the idea of strangers freely talking to eachother on their platform very dangerous. If you jumped in a time machine and told them of Miiverse, you probably would have been laughed out of the building and deemed a crazy person.
#6coolguy_23Posted 9/11/2013 11:35:08 AM
It would be awful, you know how long it would take it type anything? And you can't draw anything.
#7_Sovereign_Posted 9/11/2013 12:53:50 PM
coolguy_23 posted...
It would be awful, you know how long it would take it type anything? And you can't draw anything.

---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.